Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   December 2013 block of the month - Florida Star - Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/december-2013-block-month-florida-star-photos-t235804.html)

Jenniky 12-09-2013 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by rural01 (Post 6447616)
I really enjoyed making this block. It might be one of my favorites. In fact, I have really enjoyed this entire project. Like many others, I'm not sure what I want to do at this point. I'm leaning toward a quilt as you go with free motion quilting. I made last year's Quilty BOM project and used Leah Day's class for the quilting. I love how that project turned out. I'm just not sure I can pull this off without instruction. Then again, if I don't try, I'll never know. ;-) Thanks to all who picked these great blocks and everybody who provided inspiration by sharing pictures. I love how they all turned out. So, Happy Holidays and on to 2014!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450940[/ATTACH]

Rural would love to see a picture of all your blocks together. :) :thumbup:

thimblebug6000 12-09-2013 05:35 PM

love these latest blocks pictured.

What I've decided to do with mine is border 1/2 of them with black and 1/2 with white & then trim to a common size (my paper pieced blocks are a little over size) that would act as my sashing.... have one done but spent the day in the city shopping so no sewing today. We have a skiff of snow...so maybe I'll be staying home & stitching more tomorrow.

Difergie 12-09-2013 05:39 PM

I am behind on this one. Just remodeled a garage into a studio and am moving everything in on Wednesday so am out of service for a week or so... Love all the pictures of the collections of the blocks. There are going to be some beautiful quilts!

Mousie 12-09-2013 07:44 PM

looking good :thumbup: everybody! :)

grammysharon 12-09-2013 10:56 PM

I agree, it reminds of the quilt blocks Ginny Beyer used to do!!! Love it!!!!

Originally Posted by lockesnest (Post 6432482)
can you tell me, where did you get that pattern? I would love to make a quilt with a Florida block and yours is the first I have seen that I like. thank you. Well, never mind. i just kept reading down the list of posts and......there is was! Thank you so much. I love it.

Roma Bauder 12-13-2013 05:48 PM

I ended up doing another PP to finish up the BOM. One block wasnt big enough so found one I liked. Got the sashing finish. I took a pic just need to get it in the PC . Also need to get some backing ? . Humm a trip to Yuma on Monday
guess I need to hit Joanns for some fabric to back it.

Jenniky 12-14-2013 07:26 AM

Have spent the last five days in bed battling the flu. So much for getting the flu shot. Doc says they vaccinate for the most popular strains that are moving around. Guess I ran into a unpopular one... well definitely unpopular with me it was grueling. The happier side is I'm finally able to be up and moving around again though weak. Hoping tomorrow I will be ready to quilt again. Looking so forward to finishing this BOM as a Christmas present for my son in Alabama. :thumbup: Will continue to check back to see more pictures of everyone's progress. Holiday Cheer and Blessings for all my quilting friends here on the QB. :)

CAS49OR 12-14-2013 05:30 PM

Happy to hear you are up and feeling better. The advantage of the flu shot is that even if you get the flu it will be shorter duration... a few days rather than two weeks..... or worse.

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6455968)
Have spent the last five days in bed battling the flu. So much for getting the flu shot. Doc says they vaccinate for the most popular strains that are moving around. Guess I ran into a unpopular one... well definitely unpopular with me it was grueling. The happier side is I'm finally able to be up and moving around again though weak. Hoping tomorrow I will be ready to quilt again. Looking so forward to finishing this BOM as a Christmas present for my son in Alabama. :thumbup: Will continue to check back to see more pictures of everyone's progress. Holiday Cheer and Blessings for all my quilting friends here on the QB. :)

ladyredhawk 12-15-2013 11:26 AM

how pretty I have never seen the star. Don't know if I could make it or not.

Jenniky 12-15-2013 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 6456845)
Happy to hear you are up and feeling better. The advantage of the flu shot is that even if you get the flu it will be shorter duration... a few days rather than two weeks..... or worse.

Thanks CAS... :)