Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer;s Wife Quilt-Along Week 9 Blocks 17 & 18 PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmer%3Bs-wife-quilt-along-week-9-blocks-17-18-photo-page-t67324.html)

Darcene 11-18-2010 06:04 PM

[quote=rwquilts][quote=Darcene][quote=rwquilts][quote=Honchey][quote=Darcene][quote=Honchey][quote=Darcene]

Originally Posted by Evie

You're very kind. Thank you! Here's what I did...

If you look at the back of mine, you can see that I divided my block into eight segments...by stitching two segments together, it created 1/4th of the block, creating a small square...I repeated this for the remaining 3 blocks, pressing towards the outside of the block...then stitched two squares together and then the other two. Then I stitched the two sides together and pressed the last seam open as it was pretty thick in the center by now. I'm including the picture below so you don't have to go back to the other page.

Ronda,
Thank you, thank you, thank you
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rwquilts 11-18-2010 07:07 PM

Darcene, you are very welcome! :-) :-) :-)

pookie ookie 11-18-2010 08:03 PM

Love it when the backs look as good as the fronts. Great pic!

Mizgoodie 11-18-2010 09:00 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and I have been watching the blocks for the Farmer's wife quilt with anticipation. I have got 2 more quilt to finish before I can even think of starting this quilt and it is driving me crazy wanting to get started. I have seen some beautiful work so I'm kind of scared to try it but I'm going to put a new needle in the machine and go for it anyway. Wish me luck. I'm hoping in 3 months (LOL) I'll have something to show.

sew cornie 11-18-2010 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mizgoodie
Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and I have been watching the blocks for the Farmer's wife quilt with anticipation. I have got 2 more quilt to finish before I can even think of starting this quilt and it is driving me crazy wanting to get started. I have seen some beautiful work so I'm kind of scared to try it but I'm going to put a new needle in the machine and go for it anyway. Wish me luck. I'm hoping in 3 months (LOL) I'll have something to show.

Welcome Mizgoodie! Not to worry, you'll do great!

janRN 11-19-2010 03:53 AM

Mizgoodie you'll be surprised at how quicly some of the blocks go. Others not so quickly LOL. Each one is a learning experience and since we've done them ask any questions that will help you if you get stuck. They are addicting-I say I'm going to make one, then it's one more and one more. Welcome aboard!

JeanieG 11-19-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mizgoodie

Welcome, we are having fun doing this quilt. Looking forward to seeing your blocks as you get them done!

Quilting Nonnie 11-25-2010 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's Day Two of the Thanksgiving Break Sewing FWS Blocks Marathon. I just finished my fourth block of the break.

I've been dreading the Century of Progress because of what everyone was saying in the discussion. One of the advantages of being behind is that you benefit from everyone's advice on the block and see bunches of different colorways. The colorways really helped me on Century of Progress. And thanks to those who addressed the big bump in the middle. I pressed all my seams open. When I pressed it for the final time, I wet it down and pressed the snot out of it. Voila! No bump. I actually think I like this block, but I'm not making a whole quilt from them.

My only problem is a couple of my points disappeared in the seam, as there was no seam allowance on one side. I'm usually fairly good with points, but I'll let this one ride.

Cats & Mice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133882[/ATTACH]

Century of Progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]133883[/ATTACH]

JAGSD 11-25-2010 04:06 PM

Quilting Nonnie,
I really like your color choices, and how you did #18.

janRN 11-25-2010 06:53 PM

Very pretty. Yep-I like the Century of Progress changed like you did it. It doesn't look "bottom heavy".