Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer;s Wife Quilt-Along Week 9 Blocks 17 & 18 PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmer%3Bs-wife-quilt-along-week-9-blocks-17-18-photo-page-t67324.html)

janRN 10-31-2011 04:40 AM

Elaine, not many people liked that block. I posted mine as the book showed it to be done but I redid it for my quilt. I thought it looked like a "mistake" on the bottom part. Others thought it looked like an angel. I made the bottom the same as the top--balance appeals to Libras LOL.

QuiltE 10-31-2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Elaine, not many people liked that block. I posted mine as the book showed it to be done but I redid it for my quilt. I thought it looked like a "mistake" on the bottom part. Others thought it looked like an angel. I made the bottom the same as the top--balance appeals to Libras LOL.

I think I will be giving it a "transformation" for sure!! I was going to last night, and thought, that was too easy of a way out and wanted to see what others did. Perhaps Pisces like balance and order too?

Quilting Nonnie 10-31-2011 08:37 AM

Hi!

If you look on page 7 of this thread, Darcene did a modification of Century of Progress to make it symmetrical. It looks a lot better. Also scroll down the page and see how she handled the bump in the back. Scroll down further and see another idea for getting rid of the bump in the middle.

QuiltE 10-31-2011 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Hi!

If you look on page 7 of this thread, Darcene did a modification of Century of Progress to make it symmetrical. It looks a lot better. Also scroll down the page and see how she handled the bump in the back. Scroll down further and see another idea for getting rid of the bump in the middle.

Yeppir ... I took all that in last night! Unfortunately my computer and sewing area are the furthest they can be from each other in my home. So .... when I didn't like what I saw, I just passed that one by and continued sewing. Maybe tonight?

JeanieG 10-31-2011 11:06 AM

Yes, I did not like the looks of it either, but once in with all the other blocks it is not noticeable. I was not about to re-do it!!! LOL

QuiltE 11-14-2011 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you be ....
#17 Cats and Mice
and
#18 Century of Progress ..... revised! After all, it's progressed during the century!

Tcharlie 11-14-2011 09:29 AM

Beautiful.

Originally Posted by Robinlee (Post 1651858)
My blocks #17 & #18. I did rotary cut with #17 and used my new EQ7 foundation print for #18.

#17 Cats and Mice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106786[/ATTACH]

#18 Century of Progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]106787[/ATTACH]

janRN 11-14-2011 02:10 PM

Wow! I like those a lot--really great contrast. I also like the "new & improved" Century of Progress; that's how I redid mine. I'm too anal for asymetrical blocks. Those fabrics are so pretty.

Evie 11-15-2011 08:15 AM

Oh, my, those are beautiful!

Honchey 11-15-2011 08:25 AM

Ditto for me. QE, you are doing great!