Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer;s Wife Quilt-Along Week 9 Blocks 17 & 18 PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmer%3Bs-wife-quilt-along-week-9-blocks-17-18-photo-page-t67324.html)

sslama 10-01-2010 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
The blocks are all so pretty everyone!

Here are my blocks 17 & 18...I did change the coloring on 18, because I liked it better than what the pattern called for.

I loved what you did with 18. Good choice. I had a difficult time with the block. To me the design looked unfinished. Great job. :thumbup:

sslama 10-01-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Here we go. Another week done.

My 18 was taken apart and put together again it looks so bad.

It looks fine. I think a lot of us struggled with this block. I never did get my points in the center to line up. I think this block just might disappear from the rest of my other blocks. :lol:

weezie 10-01-2010 06:23 AM

Here are my blocks 17 & 18...I did change the coloring on 18, because I liked it better than what the pattern called for.

How clever of you! Yours looks great, as does your #17.

wvdek 10-01-2010 06:25 AM

rwquilts - I like what you did with the placing of your fabrics on 18. It looks 'completed' and more fitting.

Don't get me wrong ya all. I love all the blocks. Such variety.

rwquilts 10-01-2010 06:29 AM

Thank you everyone...I too thought the color placement made it look a biy unfinished, but was hesitant to do my own thing, but am glad I braved doing it...

Evie 10-01-2010 08:50 AM

You did a great job on 18. I like the pinwheel effect. Maybe you've "created" a new block and we'll name it after you. :wink:

Evie 10-01-2010 08:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These blocks aren't my favorites, but here they are:

Block 17 -- Cats & Mice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107733[/ATTACH]

Block 18 -- Century of Progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107734[/ATTACH]

violetsfarm 10-01-2010 09:16 AM

JeanieG .....Thank you for the compliment. I have been tracing or printing the templets on tracing paper, stitching the fabric down within the seam allowance, then cutting them out and stitching. Really helps me with the 1/4" seam allowance. Some blocks are better than others as I am realitively new to quilting. Kind of a form of paper piecing, which I really like sewing. Violet

JeanieG 10-01-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by sslama

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Here we go. Another week done.

My 18 was taken apart and put together again it looks so bad.

It looks fine. I think a lot of us struggled with this block. I never did get my points in the center to line up. I think this block just might disappear from the rest of my other blocks. :lol:

Yes, me too! I have never had a class on paper piecing, so don't have a clue how to do it. Our LQS closed up doors a couple of years ago (owner became ill), so no really close classes. They have a QS around 20 miles away, so may have to watch their classes. Does anyone know of a really good online video that explains how to do paper piecing? I need to try something else on these star type patterns.

JeanieG 10-01-2010 10:21 AM

Oh yes, rwquilts, I think it looks much better the way you did it! :thumbup: