Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-pony-club-quilt-t170608.html)

quiltmore 01-21-2012 01:40 PM

Just ordered my book and cd will be ready to go when you tell me where to sign up! :o)

QuiltingNinaSue 01-21-2012 01:43 PM

Inquiry minds want to know (?only) if it is legal to purchase a used book and use the CD or to borrow from the library and use the CD? To me personally, I think, the book needs to be purchased by the user to have legal rights to copy the CD...and I would question if buying it used would be legal. To me, only if the author received her percentage on the sale of the book, would the book sale be legal. Just my two cents worth.

I was emailed an inquiry to buy the FWSQ book after we finished that journey, and I said "NO!!" I had made private notes in the book, and it would NOT be for sale. I respect the rights of the author and her hours of labor it took to publish the book too much to part with the book. It's willed to my grandchild with the quilt.

JeanieG 01-21-2012 01:44 PM

Quiltmore - there is no sign up for this project. Just join us whatever week we are in, and go back and catch up with the ones before as you have time! We are so happy you are going to "gallop" along with us. I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks, be sure to post them for us to Ohhh and Ahhh over!

tdtdesign 01-22-2012 07:11 AM

QuiltNinaSue

A person is within their rights to sell their copy of the book and CD. Though I can't imagine why they would want to. LOL

Borrowing the book from a library and using the CD while it is checked out is fine.

But you are spot-on correct that copying the CD is never OK..

dublb 01-22-2012 08:30 AM

I had offered to send copies on freezer paper to someone that I knew already had the book & CD. What she didn't have was an inkjet printer. I thought that would have been ok since she had the book. Was I right?

tdtdesign 01-22-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4898809)
I had offered to send copies on freezer paper to someone that I knew already had the book & CD. What she didn't have was an inkjet printer. I thought that would have been ok since she had the book. Was I right?

Bev, Yes, for sure you're right because your friend has the book. By the way, I tried printing freezer paper on my laser printer. Can you guess what happened? The heat from the printer bonded the freezer paper to the roller that feeds the paper. Duh! Fortunately, it peeled off easily enough. LOL

QuiltE 01-22-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by tdtdesign (Post 4898866)
Bev, Yes, for sure you're right because your friend has the book. By the way, I tried printing freezer paper on my laser printer. Can you guess what happened? The heat from the printer bonded the freezer paper to the roller that feeds the paper. Duh! Fortunately, it peeled off easily enough. LOL

Oooooh
TDT .... so sorry that this happened to you ... though thanks for proving what I suspected!

Guess what Folks??? ... I actually looked at colour printers at Staples yesterday and talked to a young whipper snapper geek kid about them. I didn't buy! :) I guess me and my computer and the internet need to schedule a meeting to do some research ... ick! I'd sooner be quilting.

Better still ... I started this new thread, to enlist the help of those in the know!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/please-help-me-buy-colour-printer-scanner-quilting-t176548.html#post4899084

QuiltingNinaSue 01-22-2012 09:53 AM

My new refurished Dell would not work with my old HP T45 four in one printer; so dh and I traded printers. I had bought him a color/blk&w scanner and printer at Wal Mart HP for $69.00. It will do for now.

QuiltE 01-22-2012 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 4899129)
My new refurished Dell would not work with my old HP T45 four in one printer; so dh and I traded printers. I had bought him a color/blk&w scanner and printer at Wal Mart HP for $69.00. It will do for now.

Yikes! I never even thought about it not being compatable with my computer!! I so need a geek-kid to just buy it and install it and get it over with for me! :)

And hey ... how come did the link not switch over to words of the Thread Title? ... usually that's what shows up when you post a link in these threads now. Wonder what I did wrong?

dublb 01-22-2012 12:27 PM

Quilte-Not only did it not show up as a Thread Title, it wont let me click on it to go there! I'll find another way to go there!