Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

sunkistmi 02-18-2010 11:25 AM

Where was the initial posting about the BOM? Is it too late to participate? I love PP and this is a beautiful block. I would love to make it even if I can't do the rest of the months. Where would I find the download for Feb. so I can print up the foundation. Thanks and I look forward to joining in on the fun. Let's see, now that makes 5 projects plus the kitty quilts. Oh my!
Wendy B

Sewze 02-18-2010 11:30 AM

Click on BOM and go down the list.......aberi, I believe, was the one who posted it and it is from Carol Doaks website and called Cross My Heart Block. Good luck!

quote=sunkistmi]Where was the initial posting about the BOM? Is it too late to participate? I love PP and this is a beautiful block. I would love to make it even if I can't do the rest of the months. Where would I find the download for Feb. so I can print up the foundation. Thanks and I look forward to joining in on the fun. Let's see, now that makes 5 projects plus the kitty quilts. Oh my!
Wendy B[/quote]

aberi 02-18-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Where was the initial posting about the BOM? Is it too late to participate? I love PP and this is a beautiful block. I would love to make it even if I can't do the rest of the months. Where would I find the download for Feb. so I can print up the foundation. Thanks and I look forward to joining in on the fun. Let's see, now that makes 5 projects plus the kitty quilts. Oh my!
Wendy B

Wendy here is the link.. it is about 3/4 of the way down.
http://www.www.caroldoak.com/free-quilt-patterns.php
It is from Carol Doak's website.
Can't wait to see your block!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-18-2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
Great Block..I'm so glad that you decided to give PP a try also. I love the color combinations, too.

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
I just want to say thank you for making Feb. a paper piece block. I never would have tried this. I think I did pretty good for my first time.

thanks sewze. I love purple and green.

oksewglad 02-18-2010 03:49 PM

OK suzie--what a lovely block--glad you enjoyed the PP. I'm still not super excited about it, but would do another for the BOM.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-18-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
OK suzie--what a lovely block--glad you enjoyed the PP. I'm still not super excited about it, but would do another for the BOM.

you get the hang of it, and to make the 4 and then put them together, was practice.

Dani 02-18-2010 06:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one more finished January block...and one that I was having trouble picking the last fabric for. I ended up finding a completely different fabric in my stash. (all of these fabrics for these blocks are from my stash...Yea!) The same fabric in both of these blocks is the only repeat so far.

Another finished block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12390[/ATTACH]

Finally completed block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12391[/ATTACH]

brushandthimble 02-18-2010 07:09 PM

beautiful blocks, cann't wait to see them together.

SulaBug 02-19-2010 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dani
Here is one more finished January block...and one that I was having trouble picking the last fabric for. I ended up finding a completely different fabric in my stash. (all of these fabrics for these blocks are from my stash...Yea!) The same fabric in both of these blocks is the only repeat so far.

WOW!! :thumbup: They are just as pretty as the first ones, you have shared with all of us!! I would love to see your stash too!! It's just amazing how you have matched all of your fabrics so well. Keep up the great work & share more pictures when you can!!
:D :D :D :D

Oklahoma Suzie 02-19-2010 04:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I like this block so much (doing the PP) that I made one for my sister (Boston 1954)

the block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13885[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13886[/ATTACH]