Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

Sewze 02-19-2010 04:37 PM

Suzie- I love your blocks.... I think the green fabric in your sister's block would be perfect for a OBW block.....that is going to be my next project attempt. I've been auditioning my stash. Jinnie

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
I like this block so much (doing the PP) that I made one for my sister (Boston 1954)

:roll:

mrspete 02-19-2010 04:41 PM

Wow, these blocks just keep getting prettier. I have to get serious and try this. Just wish the example had those little pointed slivers in it instead of 90degree angles. I'm pretty thick headed.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-19-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
Suzie- I love your blocks.... I think the green fabric in your sister's block would be perfect for a OBW block.....that is going to be my next project attempt. I've been auditioning my stash. Jinnie

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
I like this block so much (doing the PP) that I made one for my sister (Boston 1954)

:roll:

I love to audition fabric, it's so much fun.

Sewze 02-19-2010 04:45 PM

Oh, com'on..........pick out some fabrics and just dive in.

Originally Posted by mrspete
Wow, these blocks just keep getting prettier. I have to get serious and try this. Just wish the example had those little pointed slivers in it instead of 90degree angles. I'm pretty thick headed.

:thumbup:

Dani 02-19-2010 04:59 PM

Suzie, your fabrics are darling! Your sister is a lucky girl!

sunkistmi 02-19-2010 05:17 PM

Thank you for both links for the blocks. They are beautiful. I'm glad it is something we can just do and not register for. Does anyone else wonder where February went to????
Wendy B

oksewglad 02-19-2010 05:32 PM

Dani--isn't fun to see how different the Jan block looks with different fabrics? Both are great!
OKSuzie--glad you like the PP; sis is a lucky gal

Oklahoma Suzie 02-19-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sewze
Oh, com'on..........pick out some fabrics and just dive in.

Originally Posted by mrspete

:thumbup:

I thought the same thing when I started, but you just got to try.

Dani 02-19-2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Dani--isn't fun to see how different the Jan block looks with different fabrics? Both are great!

Yes, I am having so much fun making these blocks in different fabrics. I'm actually making 13 blocks so in case I don't like one very much I can just leave it out. Fabric all selected and cut out so I'm just sewing away (with a fabric change now and then).

Thanks for all comments on my blocks...much appreciated!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-20-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dani

Originally Posted by oksewglad

Yes, I am having so much fun making these blocks in different fabrics. I'm actually making 13 blocks so in case I don't like one very much I can just leave it out. Fabric all selected and cut out so I'm just sewing away (with a fabric change now and then).

Thanks for all comments on my blocks...much appreciated!

they look great