Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   February 2010 Block of the Month - Cross My Heart - PICTURES (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/february-2010-block-month-cross-my-heart-pictures-t35167.html)

Nonnie2 01-31-2010 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my very first pp block. It took a lot of concentration, and I am proud of the finished product.

aberi 01-31-2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nonnie2
This is my very first pp block. It took a lot of concentration, and I am proud of the finished product.

Nonnie2.. .give yourself a big hug for doing this!!! Your block looks fantastic!!! great job... very valentiny!!! I hope you will try more paperpiecing. This looks beautiful!

littlehud 01-31-2010 09:56 PM

That is absolutely beautiful. Great job.

nik 02-01-2010 03:08 AM

Thankyou ladies for your kind compliments & thankyou to everyone for sharing your blocks as well, even if you haven't as yet - thankyou in advance :-D :-D .

Oksewglad it is amazing how different they have turned out. I love how the asian floral block looks so sharp & crisp compared to the other one, maybe its the extra white in it against the brighter - darker colours...
can't wait to see your block :-D :-D

Nonnie2 02-01-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by aberi

Originally Posted by Nonnie2

Nonnie2.. .give yourself a big hug for doing this!!! Your block looks fantastic!!! great job... very valentiny!!! I hope you will try more paperpiecing. This looks beautiful!

It does look valentiny, I also hope it looks "tulipy" for the flower BOM. Thanks for the big hug!

Feathers 02-02-2010 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All your blocks are just gorgeous. I decided to go with just 3 colors on mine but have enough fabric with a 4th and 5th fabric to use for the blocks throughout the year. I haven't been involved in the BOM's in the past but guess this is my year to try. I'm excited about doing a block of the month. Thanks for sharing your blocks.

Feb.2010 BOM-CrossMyHeartBlock
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39302[/ATTACH]

aberi 02-02-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
All your blocks are just gorgeous. I decided to go with just 3 colors on mine but have enough fabric with a 4th and 5th fabric to use for the blocks throughout the year. I haven't been involved in the BOM's in the past but guess this is my year to try. I'm excited about doing a block of the month. Thanks for sharing your blocks.

Feathers your block looks stunning. .I love the simple three colours .. really looks valentiny! Big hugs for completing the block and congrats on doing the BOM this year... I'm sure it will be a fun one!

Feathers 02-02-2010 09:56 AM

Thank you, Aberi. I think I'm going to love the BOM's. Right now I'm struggling with the January block. I think I left my brain in "dreamland" this morning. I measure twice, cut twice and then cut again! What's the matter with this picture????? :lol:

littleone 02-02-2010 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyones blocks are so unique and beautiful. Had the morning off today so just had to get after the Feb. block, hadn't done PP for a long time, think I could do this more often. Thanks Aberi for posting this block. And an early Happy Valentines Day everyone.

aberi 02-02-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by littleone
Everyones blocks are so unique and beautiful. Had the morning off today so just had to get after the Feb. block, hadn't done PP for a long time, think I could do this more often. Thanks Aberi for posting this block. And an early Happy Valentines Day everyone.

Beautiful colours... I love it ... Great job!!! A big hug your way for such a wonderful job!!!