Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 7 Block 13 Belle & Block 14 Betty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-7-block-13-belle-block-14-betty-t270001.html)

givio 09-15-2015 04:06 PM

QNS! What is the ugliest fabric in your stash???? Oh, my! I just love that brown block! The way you arranged the red and white flowers is so nice, and fussy cut too -- just love it! If you are still mailing out stuff, send it my way and I won't have to make a Belle. lol

carriem 09-15-2015 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just made Betty for this week....the next block I made was #18. I guess it's time to start sewing again. :)

Honchey 09-15-2015 06:16 PM

Pretty, pretty blocks this week.. :)

Husky, I especially like the floating triangles in your Betty

Jan, your black, white & red Betty is striking !!!

Jeanie, I like the coral print and Carrie your combination of colors are very soothing to me..

QNS, I like the red/brown fabric..it reminds me of prints from the 70's/80's...

I was going to try to get the sewing room in order before I leave..but..I decided to just take what I want then close the door :D. life's too short to worry about it..it. it is a lived in room..:)

klgreene 09-16-2015 07:44 AM

Belle and Betty

2 Attachment(s)
Well ladies these are the last two I have finished, and it's gotten crazy in here trying to make a long distance move. But I will be following you, and as I get more blocks made, I'll post them in the correct place. I'll miss working on these for a while. But I promise, I'll be back. Katie

katybob 09-16-2015 07:53 AM

Beautiful blocks, Katie! I love that fabric with the black background and your y-seams are perfect! Good luck with your move. I moved several hundred miles a few months ago and it wasn't easy.

huskyquilter 09-16-2015 10:34 AM

carrie m, the orange and lavendar look so cute together!

klgreene that red is so striking, I love it!

Rosyhf 09-17-2015 03:21 AM

Lovely blocks ladies, I love looking to see what everyone is doing and then I decided on mine lol. I got up at 6 am and here I am in the studio at 7.21 am, very unusual for me to get up this early. I think I will work on Belle first....see yah later.

Rosyhf 09-17-2015 05:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my Belle. I am showing how I did the center for those who need help. I am cutting most of my block by rotary cutting, except for the ones that have tiny pieces. I also print out templates for triangle etc as I don't trust cutting a square in half or in four, something always goes wrong with mine, so with the template for these, I am in good shape.

For Belle I use the templates for the tries and rotary for the rest.

Rosyhf 09-17-2015 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Betty, all caught up for the week now and I don't feel like going to the gym lol....I might just continue the day working on my Pony...

JeanieG 09-17-2015 10:00 AM

Great job on Belle, Rosy! Beautiful fabric too. It is nice to have an easy one like Betty once in a while.