Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quilt-Along week 7 Block 13 Belle & Block 14 Betty (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quilt-along-week-7-block-13-belle-block-14-betty-t270001.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-18-2015 09:37 AM

Beautiful blocks, all done so well, its a real treat to see what everyone comes up with every week. Almost wish the party continued longer that what it does... maybe everyone should have a good friend or neighbor join us on this jouney so we would have more 'eye' candy to see....

oksewglad 09-18-2015 10:02 AM

I so love watching the blocks appear....each so different from the other...thanks for sharing your eye candy...

huskyquilter 09-18-2015 10:14 AM

QNS - I agree, there were so many the first couple of weeks, and it was so much fun! Everyone come back! Nobody cares if you're late!!!

Rosyhf 09-18-2015 11:41 AM

Yeh we don't care if your late or the block is crooked or whatever, it all comes out in the wash. Here is what I do if my block is crooked and I had put a lot for work into it. I square it off or not, add enough fabric around the edges and then square it off...it will be fine, it's patch work isn't it and nobody can tell what you did except that your quilt looks exciting lol. I mean it, fabric and color has a way of working out in the end.

The pony club started in 2012 and I am just beginning, I don't care, I am having fun now and chances are I will have to gussy up some of those blocks as well as some of those blocks are a bit challenging but forward and see what comes out. It could be a new block lol.

PS, we are here to help too.

Pam P 09-18-2015 12:02 PM

I haven't given up! I am a little behind because I am out of town. I did get to do some fabric shopping though and was able to find some 30's prints I didn't have at quilt shops in Amish country and I found some other good fabric pieces at a local thrift store here. Can't wait to get back to my machine!

CookyIN 09-18-2015 12:07 PM

husky, I haven't given up, just don't have enough hours in the day right now. I may not jump back in 'til after Christmas. Sad in one way and something to look forward to in another!

Rosyhf 09-18-2015 02:19 PM

To me a day without sewing is like a day without chocolate lol..drinking coffee at 6.19 pm, oh Lord I will be up until daybreak lol...hubby made a pot of Santa's White Christmas, I can't resist...

givio 09-19-2015 06:47 AM

What is Santa's White Christmas? A 'pot of it' makes it sound like potato soup. :-)

I've been canning pears. Still more on the tree. Next batch is going to be pear butter (it has orange juice in it, so a bit different).

And it's my granddaughter's birthday this week, going to visit her this afternoon after I get out of work.

So, I have the basket block from last week, and the 2 blocks from this week, and I decided on 1 PC block per week-- that's 4 blocks "due" before Tuesday. I love the Tuesday post time. It gives me the weekend before I feel "late."

Rosyhf 09-19-2015 09:39 AM

Givio, I did make a delicious veggies soup yesterday with potato in it lol, SWC is a coffer we buy at Barnie's coffee shop. It is so good we have it on the weekend only as it is pricey lol....

oksewglad 09-19-2015 11:00 AM

Great incentive to get your blocks done, givio...I flit from flower to flower like a hummingbird....