Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 31 Bloc 61 May & Block 62 Millie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-30s-quiltalong-week-31-bloc-61-may-block-62-millie-t277216.html)

Honchey 03-29-2016 01:42 PM

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 31 Bloc 61 May & Block 62 Millie

OMG, I was so busy packing I forgot AGAIN !!! so sorry :(

Something tells me some of you may have some pretties to show me... :)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-29-2016 02:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And heeeerrrrreeee they are: May and Millie [ATTACH=CONFIG]546438[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546439[/ATTACH] I found May a challenge, but fun. Millie was a scatterbrian for sure....wind blown every which way
:

katybob 03-29-2016 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here are mine. I'm glad I made May again. And you're right, QNS, Millie's a real airhead.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]546474[/ATTACH]

Pam P 03-29-2016 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice blocks! Glad you gals could do May. I had to quit and have a cocktail after my third try tonight. Millie, however, was fun to do.

Honchey 03-29-2016 06:34 PM

I'm not making fun Katybob.....But.....Your May reminds me of a Pokeman Figure :) Can you visualize the crossed seams as a face all scrunched up and kind of angry??? I must be tired :D. All the Millie's are real Pretty...nice fabric..

Just got done packing the car and the only thing left is a bath and the coolers in the morning...don't know if we're stopping overnite... See you all on Thursday sometime. H.

JuneBillie 03-29-2016 09:58 PM

Well, ladies you all did great. I am lagging. lol.. I have part of my May done, and haven't started yet on my Millie. I think Millie will seem great after doing just the first half of May. lol....

QNS I love the purple in both of your blocks. Your solid fabrics in Millie remind me of the look of linen.

Katybob I like the yellow contrast in both of yours, and especially the red floral with the yellow.

Pam P your Millie is very pretty, and I understand what you are saying about May.

I hope to get back to my May later today. Had been a bit under the weather. I might get out my Millie pattern and start coloring. She looks like a sweetie even if she is a bit scattered brain. I am learning so so much through this journey, and I have never regretted one moment of jumping in here with all of you girls. :)

janRN 03-30-2016 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations, ladies, on your excellent y-seams. Your blocks are all so pretty. Here are mine; as you can see, NO Y-SEAM blocks for me!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]546503[/ATTACH]

JuneBillie 03-30-2016 10:15 AM

JanRN those are very pretty blocks.

I have another tiny part done on May. I am doing a lot of manipulating on it. I will be working back and forth with my May block and Milly. lol...

I have another question. When Tuesday started the May and Milly block does that normally mean we work on them all week, and get done by the next ones or do you all from the start normally have the two done if you can when those two blocks are given on the new thread? Do I make any sense? lol...I know everyone goes at their own pace, but just wondered how it typically would go.

Everyone have a great day!
It's windy today where I am, and rain is on its way.

QuiltingNinaSue 03-30-2016 10:25 AM

Each set of blocks are due on Tuesday; next set is not due until next Tuesday, so you do have time to make May and Millie work for you. Some cases each of us has been several weeks behnd and still post on the week it was suppose to be appearing. Hoep that makes sense to you, JuneBillie.

JuneBillie 03-30-2016 02:37 PM

Thanks QuiltingNinaSue. :)