Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-1-photo-page-beauty-dandy-t174350.html)

Cookie LM 01-05-2012 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=oksewglad;4843395]The QW here. Oh the pretties are here, and not just "pretty horses"!
JanieW red and green blocks look wonderful;
and Cookie- yours and mirabelle's will be welcome relief from all the ponies!! Are you going to keep with browns and golds from your scraps or are you going to bring other colors?
Love your fabrics Mbelle!
dublb the brown sashing to the block really sets it off.
QE did you use that green in your FWS? The center horse is spot on!

Lucy--please post your blocks in the FWS group threads. There's still a few of us adding to the photo pages, so join right in. In Evie's blog she has all the picture links. This is link to her blog. I use it all the time!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/f...res-b1689.html
[/QUOTE

hoping to stay with the brown and golds not sure if I have enough material will add some contrasting colors to fill in someone mentioned some rose color I think that would be nice don't have any though going to the store later on today. Will see what I can find thanks for the compliments

Termi 01-05-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4841285)
I am a bit shy about posting mine after seeing the great blocks, but here goes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300318[/ATTACH]

Your blocks are beautiful!!!! I hope mine go half as well.

pattipat 01-05-2012 09:43 AM

Beautiful! Love it!

deranged_damsel 01-05-2012 10:04 AM

OOoooooooooooooooHHHHhhhhhhh PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY

alberta quilter 01-05-2012 10:21 AM

Can I join any time? I got my book for Christmas but I only just found thread.

Honchey 01-05-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by alberta quilter (Post 4844929)
Can I join any time? I got my book for Christmas but I only just found thread.

Yes, Lisa, You can come along! We are very happy to have you! The more the merrier! Honchey/Anne

oksewglad 01-05-2012 12:30 PM

Cookie, I wouldn't be afraid to add some of that olive green as well, especially if it is used as a spot of color on a light background. It would complement the brown and gold very well and the light background would help give another contrast with the darker shades. The blue is lovely and matches so well. It is a piece that can be used sparingly and still have a big impact. Don't forget to shop your stash. When doing a project like this I pull out every fabric imaginable and then some that aren't! You'd be surprised at what will work. This will be such a fun color study for you!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2012 12:45 PM

I agree with oksewglad. More than one quilter who has more knowledge than I have commented on colors I put together from my stash. There are no rules, no quilt police here...rules in quilting can be forgotten or challenged by the quilter. Satisfy yourself, it is your quilt.

mirabelle 01-05-2012 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 4843910)
Maribelle, I did a double take as I was scrolling through the pages. I knew I had already seen my blocks and here it turned up again but oops...it's your block. I just got those fat quarters this past week and couldn't resist using them. I love the red paisley.

I made my first block before Christmas and like you did a double take when I saw your first block:D I purchased a Fat Quarter Bundle of this entire range, did you do that too?
It will be so much fun to see how our blocks turn out each week, I am also adding fabric from my stash that hopefully will complement what I have.

QuiltE 01-05-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4845283)
Cookie, I wouldn't be afraid to add some of that olive green as well, especially if it is used as a spot of color on a light background. It would complement the brown and gold very well and the light background would help give another contrast with the darker shades. The blue is lovely and matches so well. It is a piece that can be used sparingly and still have a big impact. Don't forget to shop your stash. When doing a project like this I pull out every fabric imaginable and then some that aren't! You'd be surprised at what will work. This will be such a fun color study for you!

Oh how true ... as in my comments back to OKSGlad about my first block. The horse fabric changed when I cut off the yardage and made it into a block. Then the green, I would never have used, til I saw the horse block done!

And in FWS, I've had surprises in the other way! things I thought would work and didn't. And am sure that fate will revisit in PC!