Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 1 Photo Page.....A Beauty & A Dandy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-1-photo-page-beauty-dandy-t174350.html)

Cookie LM 01-04-2012 12:58 PM

My first two blocks

2 Attachment(s)
I am not following the pony theme. Using material I have. Thanks for letting me trot with you. This is my first so my blocks will not be as nice as others but I am excited about joining all of you.

JeanieG 01-04-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cookie LM (Post 4841791)
I am not following the pony theme. Using material I have. Thanks for letting me trot with you. This is my first so my blocks will not be as nice as others but I am excited about joining all of you.

Hey Cookie your blocks look great to me! Good job!

gardnergal970 01-04-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4841285)
I am a bit shy about posting mine after seeing the great blocks, but here goes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300318[/ATTACH]

Nothing to be shy about. Good job!

gardnergal970 01-04-2012 03:46 PM

You really put your colors together nice. Really nice, Cookie.

QuiltE 01-04-2012 03:56 PM

Welcome Cookie!! ... No need to be shy with such beautiful blocks! The gold background really plays nicely with the dark print. And I predict we just might see some rose in the mix in the future!

dublb 01-04-2012 05:46 PM

"A Beauty" practice block

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to use my practice blocks in my cousins quilt & they need to be 10.5 inches so I will put a border on each of these.
I was going to make my patriotic block today but spent the day at the hospital with my DGM.

It is on a piece of cream fabric so that it will show up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300467[/ATTACH]

Qbird 01-04-2012 07:58 PM

Anne that is going to be a awesome quilt, and you do such perfect work. Happy New Year

QuiltE 01-04-2012 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DublB ... It doesn't look to me as though you need much practice! That block has turned out really lovely. Great colours!! We'll look forward to seeing your cousin's quilt as well as your Pony Club!As many of you know, I am coming near the end of my FWS blocks. With 23 to go, I don't want to lose my momentum. So, I bargained with myself today and said, OK, QuiltE, you can do ONE PC, and only ONE PC block. Then you have to get below 20 FWS to go, before you can do another PC!!So tonight, I set to doing A Dandy. I found getting started was hard to know which fabrics to start with, and what to put where. Did anyone else notice how huge these pieces seem, compared to the FWS blocks? I didn't think that two extra inches would make that much of a difference!! :)

dublb 01-04-2012 09:25 PM

I just came back to my computer & looked at Ya'll's quilts. I had such a small window of time to get my picture posted that I didn't taken the time to look at everyone''s blocks. (DH had supper on the table.)

Oh, Wow, they are lovely! They leap off of the page! It is so neat to see how each block can look so different
with just a change in fabrics; Awesome.

dublb 01-04-2012 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4843223)
DublB ... It doesn't look to me as though you need much practice! That block has turned out really lovely. Great colours!! We'll look forward to seeing your cousin's quilt as well as your Pony Club!As many of you know, I am coming near the end of my FWS blocks. With 23 to go, I don't want to lose my momentum. So, I bargained with myself today and said, OK, QuiltE, you can do ONE PC, and only ONE PC block. Then you have to get below 20 FWS to go, before you can do another PC!!So tonight, I set to doing A Dandy. I found getting started was hard to know which fabrics to start with, and what to put where. Did anyone else notice how huge these pieces seem, compared to the FWS blocks? I didn't think that two extra inches would make that much of a difference!! :)

Thank You so much! I only need 15 blocks for my cousins quilt. The other 15 blocks will be postage stamp blocks. I've made 2 of those so far. It will be 50" x 60".
I like your bargain with yourself. Great way to stay motivated!
:thumbup: