Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-2-alabama-apple-tree-t175195.html)

JeanieG 06-01-2012 02:09 PM

Crystal - your blocks look great! Such a difference the fabric makes in all these blocks. Congrats on getting Laurie's signature - how cool!

QuiltE 06-09-2012 06:29 PM

CWessley ... your 30s fabrics give such a fresh look to the blocks. Great work!! How fortunate for you to have a Laurie autographed block to include in your quilt!

works4me 04-06-2014 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Amazing blocks and colour choices everyone. With some "gentle" encouragement from QuiltE, I have joined the PC. So far, I have done Alabama and Boy's Playmate. I rotary cut and pieced them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470341[/ATTACH]
Yes, those are spider webs and, if you look really closely at a couple of the small dark squares, you will see pumpkin faces.. :) I am using all Halloween batiks, with the sage as my constant.

Anael 04-06-2014 09:30 AM

Great Halloween PC block W4me :) :)

works4me 04-06-2014 09:41 AM

Thank you Anael. It's going to be fun. I have quite a few batiks with more in the mail and more discovered in the 2014 collections.

oksewglad 04-06-2014 03:15 PM

What a great twist on the PC quilt! Looking forward to seeing your next blocks.

Maybe I'll hitch a ride--biggest thing is I am a Farmer's Wife IRL and guess what? It might be spring here in the Midwest USA. Plus a wedding in June my favorite, but busiest month normally.

Honchey 04-07-2014 05:33 AM

Oh this is going to be fun looking at all the blocks again...Maybe now I'll make apple tree!!!

QuiltE 04-07-2014 05:45 AM

oooooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaaah .... said in an ghostly eery way! :)
........ and I'll be here to continue with the gentle encouragement for you W4Me!!!
I think you might even have some other cheerleaders that won't want to miss any of the twists you give these blocks.

Yesss Giddyup PC Riders ... time to get back in the saddle, and ride along with W4Me, and make some more of your blocks each evening while sitting by the campfire. Doing it together will help all of you make it happen ......... at least I know it sure did help me!

And I'm sooooooo looking forward to seeing the show as you ride the trails!!

works4me 04-07-2014 10:31 AM

Thanks oksewglad. As QuiltE can attest, twisted is a good word for me. :D
Yes, Honchey. make your apple tree. I don't plan to make any of the blocks that are "real" things, like trees, baskets etc. But plans can change.
I agree, QuiltE, that an encouraging group really makes a difference.

QuiltE 04-07-2014 01:54 PM

Whaaaaaaaat?? .......... no real things?
Are you worried the apple might fall off the tree? :)
or that it might be rotten?

........... wait ........ dunking for apples was always a Halloween game when we were kids. So definitely appropriate! :D:D:D

.......... I'm going to have to find you a batik cowboy to include for PC symbolism!!! :D:D