Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-2-alabama-apple-tree-t175195.html)

oksewglad 02-03-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa (Post 4939466)
Wow! another beautiful block by oksewglad.

PS. I'm here trying to understand ... a grab apple tree and road apple. I don't know about what are you talking about.

Thanks, AECasa. Oh a laughable moment here in the States!! We forget that not everyone understands our "English"

Crab apples are the small apples on certain varieties of apple trees that are ornamental. Yes they produce fruit after the luscious spring flowering, but they are a small, usually tasteless, fruit no bigger than a golf or ping pong ball. So you see the little circles in the purple fabric are my "crab" apples. Furthermore, a "crabby" person is one who isn't happy and very hard to please.

Now "road" apples are the apple shaped excrement "fruits" left behind by horses as they walk down the road. In the winter they freeze, but come spring well you can imagine.

If you are confused by our language feel free to ask again:)

janRN 02-03-2012 06:26 PM

This city girl thanks you for the explanation, too. I know about crab apples and crabby people but the Road Apples lost me. I thought they were just apples that fell off the tree on to the road. Oh boy, another Senior Blonde Moment!!!!

QuiltE 02-04-2012 11:06 AM

Laughing along here with all of you about the Crab-by and Road Apples!!!

Of course, Road Apples are only Canadian,
OKSGlad ...... NOT!!!!!!! *giggles*

ArtEC ... bet you never thought you'd learn such English here whilst you were quilting with us!

Then there are Cow Patties or Cow Pies .... yup,
y'all are sharp today ... same thing but delivered by the cow!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2012 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets try posting Apple tree, again, sigh.[ATTACH=CONFIG]308916[/ATTACH]It worked!! Blessed Be!!! and golly. These are Red Apples.

QuiltE 02-04-2012 11:28 AM

And apples they are! ... you must have one impressive stash of fun fabrics, QNSue ... it's always fun to see what you show us!!

dublb 02-04-2012 11:55 AM

Those apples look good enough ta eat!!!!:thumbup:

ArteEmCasa 02-04-2012 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4939579)

Thanks, AECasa. Oh a laughable moment here in the States!! We forget that not everyone understands our "English"

Crab apples are the small apples on certain varieties of apple trees that are ornamental. Yes they produce fruit after the luscious spring flowering, but they are a small, usually tasteless, fruit no bigger than a golf or ping pong ball. So you see the little circles in the purple fabric are my "crab" apples. Furthermore, a "crabby" person is one who isn't happy and very hard to please.

Now "road" apples are the apple shaped excrement "fruits" left behind by horses as they walk down the road. In the winter they freeze, but come spring well you can imagine.

If you are confused by our language feel free to ask again:)

Ah-ahOKnow I understand. LOL

I am living in a small country town and sometimes there are road apples by the way. So, guess what ...
from now on everytime I see I'll think of you and will remember this jorney with FWPony quilt. LOL
As I always saythisride isa great learning experience.
Thanksoksewglad!

ArteEmCasa 02-04-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4942220)
Laughing along here with all of you about the Crab-by and Road Apples!!!

Of course, Road Apples are only Canadian,
OKSGlad ...... NOT!!!!!!! *giggles*

ArtEC ... bet you never thought you'd learn such English here whilst you were quilting with us!

Then there are Cow Patties or Cow Pies .... yup,
y'all are sharp today ... same thing but delivered by the cow!

:) other two for my dictionary. Great!! Very suggestive 'cow pies' *giggles*
Thanks QuiltE

oksewglad 02-04-2012 01:36 PM

QNinaSue--QE's right--you show us lots of fun fabrics in such creative ways! I love the direction everyone is taking with their blocks.
AECasa-glad we can take your language education to a higher level!!:D

ArteEmCasa 02-04-2012 01:39 PM

QNinaSue: Your red apples made my mouth water