Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Photo Page Week 2 "Alabama & Apple Tree" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-photo-page-week-2-alabama-apple-tree-t175195.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2012 05:35 PM

If you like a good easy pork roast, here is a quick recipe. Spray the oven pan or slow cooker with olive oil, or you preferred oil spray, and place your pork roast in the pan. Dump a quart jar or a can of apples over the pork. Put about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of brown sugar over that. No salt, pepper or other seasoning. I put it into the oven covered at 325 degrees for about two hours....bigger roasts longer, smaller roast check after an hour and half. It will be very tender & delicious. Very easy to do.

JeanieG 02-04-2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 4943229)
If you like a good easy pork roast, here is a quick recipe. Spray the oven pan or slow cooker with olive oil, or you preferred oil spray, and place your pork roast in the pan. Dump a quart jar or a can of apples over the pork. Put about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of brown sugar over that. No salt, pepper or other seasoning. I put it into the oven covered at 325 degrees for about two hours....bigger roasts longer, smaller roast check after an hour and half. It will be very tender & delicious. Very easy to do.

Oh yum QNS! I love pork and will surely try this recipe!

carriem 03-17-2012 05:14 PM

Alabama

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Alabama block. I have Apple Tree cut but haven't felt up to sewing yet this week...at least everything is ready when I am!

Carrie

oksewglad 03-17-2012 06:43 PM

Yeah Carrie.:) It's a block with great contrast. Just get them done at your pace not anyone elses!

JeanieG 03-17-2012 06:43 PM

Another beautiful block Carrie, you'll get caught up with us soon!

BETTY62 03-17-2012 06:49 PM

Love the fabric and colors you used in this block as well as the pattern.

What happened to the "letters" that have been posted in the past? I so loved reading them. Guess I'll have to break down and buy the book. LOL

QuiltE 03-17-2012 07:31 PM

CarrieM ... you're doing a great job! Great contrasts and mix of colours and fabrics!

dublb 03-17-2012 11:28 PM

I love your block! Again great contrast, & beautiful colors!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-18-2012 03:07 AM

Betty62, Anne is merely bring the stories up to date. For the real original stories, you must buy the book. It is worth buying for the stories; the block patterns for the quilt are a bonus reason for owning the book. Same for the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt Book. Each of us is doing the patterns our own way, in our own colors, which increases the pleasure of doing each block and having the "show & tell" site on QB lead by Honchey. She adds the additional "facts" about each pony owner from the Farmers Wife;s pony giveaway (1912 to 1924) each week.

gardnergal970 03-18-2012 05:24 AM

Carrie...I'm glad you feel better. Your block is so cheerful and pretty and well done. Keep up the good work.