Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 3 Blocks "At the Depot & Arizona" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-depot-arizona-photo-page-t176006.html)

Leba 01-18-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4886787)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304185[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304186[/ATTACH]

Love the 30s fabric

Cookie LM 01-18-2012 01:12 PM

Week Three Blocks

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for this week I really like them

deranged_damsel 01-18-2012 01:37 PM

OOOOOooooooooooooooooOooooHHHHhhhhhhhhhh Pretty blocks everyone!!!

Anael 01-18-2012 01:43 PM

Beautiful blocks Cookie!

QuiltE 01-18-2012 02:31 PM

Cookie .... Oh so sweet and delicate. I really like that turquoise print! Is that a deep plum/purple At The Station?

JanRN ... whooooooooaaaa girl ... I seem to recall other Pardners here using cowboy-talk!! :)

Cookie LM 01-18-2012 02:38 PM

It is actually a dark brown almost plum Thanks I am really enjoying this. I love everyones blocks glad I joined the ride.

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4887734)
Cookie .... Oh so sweet and delicate. I really like that turquoise print! Is that a deep plum/purple At The Station?

JanRN ... whooooooooaaaa girl ... I seem to recall other Pardners here using cowboy-talk!! :)

JanieW 01-18-2012 02:46 PM

Oh, man I just love looking at everyone's blocks.

QuiltE.... we are only 6 blocks in so it hasn't been that hard to raid the stash. We shall see as the weeks go by. I am trying to follow what colours Laurie used so that makes it easy to shop the stash. I just got a couple of western type fabrics in the mail today from a very dear friend.

You're right it is really, really cold here. It won't be long before cabin fever sets in. The little darlings have gone home so I am going to relax and enjoy the quiet before moseying on down to the sewing room.

Leba... The 30's fabric has been in my stash for more than 10 years. It really doesn't go with the pony theme, but the colours worked and it was time to use it up. Thanks.

Can't wait to check this thread again. Keep 'em comin'.

Janie

gardnergal970 01-18-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cookie LM (Post 4887495)
Here are my blocks for this week I really like them

They are stunning, Cookie!

QuiltE 01-18-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4887771)
Oh, man I just love looking at everyone's blocks.

QuiltE.... we are only 6 blocks in so it hasn't been that hard to raid the stash. We shall see as the weeks go by. I am trying to follow what colours Laurie used so that makes it easy to shop the stash. I just got a couple of western type fabrics in the mail today from a very dear friend.

You're right it is really, really cold here. It won't be long before cabin fever sets in. The little darlings have gone home so I am going to relax and enjoy the quiet before moseying on down to the sewing room.

Leba... The 30's fabric has been in my stash for more than 10 years. It really doesn't go with the pony theme, but the colours worked and it was time to use it up. Thanks.

Can't wait to check this thread again. Keep 'em comin'.

Janie

No reason for you to get cabin fever, JanieW .... just sew sew sew sew to your little ♥'s content! :)
Your 30's fabric will mix and match perfectly with the quilt! :)
You'll be able to mix and match from your stash, and perhaps find some more in the stores as time goes on.

brrrrrrrrrr ... Keep Warm!
(and thankfully we're not so ccccccold here, cold yes, but not like you! Just finished talking to a GF whose DD is in Calgary at -35C.)

dublb 01-18-2012 05:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finished Arizona today. I'll start cutting At the Depot in a little bit.
I did some playing with this neat block. First I used the striped fabric & cut the HSTs over the dividing line. I don't think I'm explaining this very well. Next I wanted to show off the Betsy Ross cameo without cutting off the top & bottom. Well I cut the line drawing out different.
Here's a picture of the back with the freezer paper still on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304326[/ATTACH]

Here's the front.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304327[/ATTACH]

I also wanted to show the 2 partial blocks that i made by sewing the cut off pieces from the Arrowhead block. I'm thinking of putting borders on 'em (they are about 6" square) & then appliqueing something different on each one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304329[/ATTACH]