Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 3 Blocks "At the Depot & Arizona" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-depot-arizona-photo-page-t176006.html)

mirabelle 01-18-2012 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4888640)
mirabelle this is going to be one gorgeous quilt. I love the colors in it! Oh I am weakening!! I may have to start this after all.

OK we must be wearing you down just a little:D come play on our pony trail, its the best fun you'll ever have

mirabelle 01-18-2012 11:22 PM

Thanks QuiltE, my DH works on a mine site and although I do look forward to him being away I also long for him to be home. I will just have to make him stop watching cooking shows, cause he thinks he lives in a restaurant:D
Well I am off to pack my car ready to spend a day sewing with my machine embroidery group.
Keep those beautiful blocks coming everyone, the eye candy is unbelievable

gardnergal970 01-19-2012 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4887078)
Wow-I love coming to this thread (or corral as QE would say). I can't believe how beautiful everyone's blocks are--and a unique take on each one. Just love them all.

GardnerGal I learned doing FWS not to square up my blocks until I was ready for sashing. The sashing "tames" all those waves and helps make them all the same size. (not that mine varied in size -HA!!)

Thanks, Jan. That's what I was counting on.

QuiltE 01-19-2012 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4888931)
Thanks QuiltE, my DH works on a mine site and although I do look forward to him being away I also long for him to be home. I will just have to make him stop watching cooking shows, cause he thinks he lives in a restaurant:D
Well I am off to pack my car ready to spend a day sewing with my machine embroidery group.
Keep those beautiful blocks coming everyone, the eye candy is unbelievable

Hope you have a fun retreat-day!

As for DH ... I can see that you cram two weeks of "life" together, in the one week he's home ... and then wheeeeee you're on your own again! :) I'm sure you miss him when he's gone, but somewhat enjoy the independence you gain ... while at the same time are anxious for him to return ASAP!

wendiq 01-19-2012 10:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll try once more.....Hope it works. I am following along, but so far, only in reading......I've not been able to post my pictures.......Here goes.....

QuiltE 01-19-2012 10:18 AM

WendiQ ... Looks like you mastered both the piecing and now posting your work!
Well done on the fussy cutting and pointy-points/square/squares!
Hope you're now going to back track and show us your A Beauty and A Dandy!

JeanieG 01-19-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 4890196)
I'll try once more.....Hope it works. I am following along, but so far, only in reading......I've not been able to post my pictures.......Here goes.....

Wendiq - I just love the little girl and her pony in your block! Great work on both blocks, thank for sharing! I just love to come to this site and see all the great workmanship! You gals & guy are the best!

wendiq 01-19-2012 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4890211)
WendiQ ... Looks like you mastered both the piecing and now posting your work!
Well done on the fussy cutting and pointy-points/square/squares!
Hope you're now going to back track and show us your A Beauty and A Dandy!

HeeHee, QuiltE........I skipped "A Beauty", just decided I didn't want the frustration, but here is "A Dandy"....I did two to make up for the first one that I chickened out of.....:)

Well Darn! As you can see, one wouldn't upload.....maybe too large. It is with a cowgirl in the center.....all reds around.....fun! I love doing these blocks and reading the stories surrounding them....

ArteEmCasa 01-19-2012 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fantastic variety of fabric choices. I like looking such beautiful and well done blocks. So great combo fabrics & colors, those fussy cut are perfect for each block. Very well done.

As for me, here is my Arizona block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]304491[/ATTACH]

wendiq 01-19-2012 04:22 PM

Your stars are so nicely lined up......pretty block....:)