Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 13 Clover Leaf & Captain's Wheel Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-13-clover-leaf-captains-wheel-photo-page-t184186.html)

janRN 04-10-2012 06:03 AM

Pretty block, Anne. Lots of contrast. When it comes to fussy cutting, do you all find the block pieces are just too small? I find I have to keep putting some neat fabric aside and wait for a block that has larger spaces in it. Or just substitute a block with a large open area for some of the blocks I don't like (like confounded rose).

QuiltE 04-10-2012 06:11 AM

Yes, I've found the same JanRN ... sometimes want to use a fabric, but it won't fit ... and set it aside for a block later. Sometimes it takes me a long time to drag out a lot of fabric, before I find the one I both want and can use! Worse still, is the added limitation of getting my yellow in ... it doesn't always work for a block layout, for some fabrics.

The good news ... it's a good learning experience as I go!!! I chose my fabrics last night for the Dakota Star ... and stopped! Just not sure, if they will be "right? or not! :) So I went to bed and will see what I think when I get back at it tonight. Those gut feelings are usually right, and a true tell tale sign that it's all wrong and I should move on to something else! :)

I guess I just talked some sense into my thick brain!

carriem 04-10-2012 08:04 AM

Honchey...very nice Clover Leaf. I like the contrast of the three fabrics

dublb 04-10-2012 11:51 AM

Oh, Honchey it's lovely! Awesome contrast!:thumbup:

oksewglad 04-10-2012 01:11 PM

Ah finally through the thread. To think I haven't even sewn these let alone looked at all the pics!!
Honchey--Pefect FC of CW and the pretty greens in CL turned out spectacular anyway you look at it.
Loving Isabella--wonderful sunset colors contrasted with the black and white pinto (paint maybe)
Janie--more pretty greens and love the marbled textures in the CW
QE--yellows shine like the sun
Anael--you caught the exptression of that lovely horse perfectly. And the aquas in the CL are a breath of spring.
Carrie--nice finishes to the CL and CW. Great sashing fabric and a nice contrast with the CS
Jan--first reaction to your CL as it appeared was "ooohh", then an "aaahh" with the little bluebird; QE thought it looked familiar.
ArteEmCasa--your colors blend so well in the CL--scale of the pasture green spot on; then the browns accent the cute little pony
wendiq--love the little guitar strumming quartet.
Termi--like the wheels in the wheel! Spots of green tree in the pasture of grazing horses and sheep perfect match the greens so well.
Jeanie--both blocks exhibit such action as if they are really spinning.
mirabelle-- a new color or just one I haven't seen before?
dublb--Stars and Stripes Forever ringing through my head; the angled stripes show great movement.
GGal--nice to see the sashing with your cute blocks-looking good

I did not get a chance to get caught up over spring break so back to the sewing room!:)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-10-2012 03:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok better late than never...[ATTACH=CONFIG]326867[/ATTACH]Clover Leaf and bloom[ATTACH=CONFIG]326868[/ATTACH]Captain's wheel. It was hard to tell the cowboys from the Indians in the wild horse round-up...their bandanas were so covered with dust over their faces...if you look close, you might be able to see the bandana under the dust.

There was a horse under every clover leaf hidden under the huge Texas sized bloom. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

carriem 04-10-2012 04:17 PM

Fun blocks QNS...great job on the fussy cutting

oksewglad 04-10-2012 04:47 PM

Nice job, QNS! Guess those ponies are knee deep in clover!

dublb 04-10-2012 05:21 PM

QNS, I love 'em!! Such a unique take on 'em! Lovely! Nice points & great colors! :thumbup:

Honchey 04-10-2012 06:28 PM

QNS, I just love your sense of creativity...it is so unique and original ...I love it...H