Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 15 Doe & Darts & Elsie's Favorite Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-15-doe-darts-elsies-favorite-discussion-page-t186421.html)

mirabelle 04-18-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5151214)
With Elsie's favourite .... anyone know anything about the foot mentioned in this thread?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t186433.html

Is it one for all machines? or specific to a brand/model?

QuiltE I purchased the Curvemaster at a Craft Fair a few years ago, looked easy as it was being demonstrated but after wasting an obscene amount of fabric trying to piece Drunkards Path blocks I threw it in the trash.
I did contact the local distributor here in Aus and she told me that there was a problem with the Pfaff foot and they would send me another but by that time I really wasn't interested. They are sold with numerous foot attachments for different brands of machines.

You know when you want to sit and sew you don't want to spent all afternoon ripping seams out.

mirabelle 04-18-2012 01:37 PM

That is so funny QuiltE sending Aussie flag fabric from Canada to Australia. The cost of postage is so high I don't want anyone to be out of pocket on my behalf, but I am so humbled that you have offered it to other PC'ers to honour me.

deranged_damsel 04-18-2012 02:17 PM

I see Australia in my near future! we just got done with a visit from Dh's Son and his dear female! it is "officially unofficial" as he has not met her family YET... but they picked a ring!!! and... she is from.... AUSTRALIA!!!

and if THAT weren't exciting enough! she wants babies right away! YAY babies!!! and little baby quilts :D :D :D

QuiltE 04-18-2012 03:52 PM

MiraB ... send me a PM and I'll send you a piece according to the postage. It's not like i"m sending you a couple yard! Size will be according to the postage cost, and I'll be thrilled to keep you in the loop!

DDamsel ... yea for babies for you ... again better PM me your address and you can impress this DIL-to-be when you present her with something Aussie! If you want yardage, I bet I could get you LOTS more! And you can start making the baby-trousseau!

dublb 04-18-2012 05:45 PM

Beautiful fabric QuiltE! I love those kitties & that Aussie flag fabric is awesome!
Derainged - Congradulations on getting a DDIL soon!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-18-2012 05:49 PM

You have the greatest ideas, QuiltE!! I agree with dublb "kitties & that Aussie flag fabric is awesome!"

QuiltE 04-18-2012 08:37 PM

DublB ... I figure this quilt is all about fun, so the backing should be no different!

QNSue ... ideas? I'm only learning from you, my dear! :D

*grumble* *grumble*
I did Elsie's Favourite tonight ... which proved to NOT be QuiltE's favourite and will be a do over block!

Honchey 04-18-2012 09:01 PM

I cut out Elsie's Favorite....pinned then basted then sewed left footed and thought it turned out okay until I measured and found I was 1/4 short on one side. ripped it out and will finish tomorrow...I don't like the way the seams lay. How are all of you pressing them??? I've never had to do seams this way before.

QuiltE 04-19-2012 05:27 AM

Hi Honchey ... yea for the left foot .... did that work OK for you? are you now a convert?

Right or wrong?? all because I know no better on this ... I did opposite sides one direction and the other pair the opposite way. Likewise for the second layer. They didn't seem to care which way they flipped and doing them that way helped to reduce the bulk .... and I didn't think open was any better.

Like I said ... no idea how wrong or right I was ... and look to learn more from the Pro's before I do Vs.2!!! :)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-19-2012 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The way mine swung right or [ATTACH=CONFIG]328992[/ATTACH]wrong