Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 15 Doe & Darts & Elsie's Favorite Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-15-doe-darts-elsies-favorite-discussion-page-t186421.html)

JanieW 04-19-2012 06:31 AM

I used my old 4H method for setting in sleeves to do the curved seams. I stay stitched in the seam line. Then I clipped the curves up to the stay stitching. Then I carefully, to avoid stretching put a million pins in. I had to sew very slowly, as I don't sew over pins, but it worked ok.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-19-2012 12:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes, it is hard to avoid stretching. I finally did another block, pinning from center both ways:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329066[/ATTACH]Introducing Deputy Dawg.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329069[/ATTACH]Wrong side of DD untrimmed...without forcing the "extra" into the curve..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329072[/ATTACH]Trimmed as much as I want right now before slashing is sewn on...it is 8.5 inches square...almost square. Deputy Dawg D. If your block is better, wonderful. Question is do I use the Nightmare EC or DDD ec block???

QuiltE 04-19-2012 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 5153570)
I used my old 4H method for setting in sleeves to do the curved seams. I stay stitched in the seam line. Then I clipped the curves up to the stay stitching. Then I carefully, to avoid stretching put a million pins in. I had to sew very slowly, as I don't sew over pins, but it worked ok.

Yea! for another one with green blood!!!!
Any other 4-H'ers? please step forward and be accounted for!!!

2013 is the 100th anniversary of 4-H in Canada ... special events are starting already!

mirabelle 04-20-2012 12:15 AM

QNS I love your Deputy Dawg, he is so cute:D

JanieW 04-20-2012 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 5154590)
Yes, it is hard to avoid stretching. I finally did another block, pinning from center both ways:
Introducing Deputy Dawg.....
If your block is better, wonderful. Question is do I use the Nightmare EC or DDD ec block???

I didn't mean to suggest that my block was better, QuiltingNinaSue. I was just sharing a method that helped me with the curved seams. I did not mean to offend you.

Janie

QuiltingNinaSue 04-20-2012 04:07 PM

JanieW, you did not offend me; I love the fact you shared what worked for you. Confir (?mispelled)and convex curves are hard to configure and these pieces do not work together as good as they could. It is so good that QB people on line share methods with the rest of us. I have learned so much from people generous enough to share here on the QB. Bless you. I even tried it again with Deputy Dawg in the center...not much better result. But your words did encourage me to "try" again. Thanks.

gardnergal970 04-20-2012 06:10 PM

Hey one and all....I've been missing ArteEmCasa...Ivana..so I pm'd her. She had said to me earlier that her brother had cancer so I was afraid that might be the problem again and it is. He recently has had surgery but has not responded as well as they had hoped. They are changing his medication in an effort to help him. She is very close to her brother but lives far enough away she can only talk to him by phone and some days he doesn't care to talk so her DSIL tells her how he is. In Ivana's words, "my heart is broken and hasn't been able to do a stictch". I told her I would tell the PC group because we do care for each other.

dublb 04-20-2012 08:35 PM

Oh no! I'm praying for her, now!

QuiltingNinaSue 04-21-2012 02:49 AM

I had sent her a package and she finally received it; she told me about her brother and I forward the message to QuiltE so she would know the story for we had been emailing our concerns of the missing trail members. So now you all know the story about one missing trail member. I told her that she and our love and prayers from PC members on QB. To read our messages when she felt like it; and make any block she wanted too. To take each hour and day, one at a time. To treasure each moment that she could share with her brother.

Life is not always a bowl of cherries. It is not easy to face the not-so-good facts of life, the way life deals out the troubles. But none of us are alone; we share, we love, and we quilt. And yes, even laughter and joy. We smile and the world smiles back at us. We love the stories about our grand kids and marvel how wonderful they are. Together, we are strong.

mirabelle 04-21-2012 04:03 AM

What a beautiful sentiment QNS, my thoughts and prayers are with you ArtEmCasa. I hope you can draw strength from everyone on the QB who is thinking of you and wrapping you in the warmth of their quilting and friendship