Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 28 Miller's Daughter & Mountain Maze Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-28-millers-daughter-mountain-maze-discussion-page-t194964.html)

oksewglad 07-23-2012 06:45 AM

Yeah another rider! Great HilaryK8.

QNS--don't worry about the 5#--they're only virtual pounds!!
:D

gardnergal970 07-23-2012 08:51 AM

Mirabelle...thanks for tea. Such a civilized custom for friends to share. I hope you get your design wall. It's a wonderful tool.
QNSue...your fowls sound like fun and that you have quite a system for them. They will sure add to the dinner table and nothing tastes better than young birds raised on the ground.
Dubib...what a machine! I've been following some of the threads on this board and am getting interested in finding a machine like the one I learned to sew on. I've let a couple slip through my fingers over the years but I wasn't quilting then.

QuiltE 07-23-2012 11:45 AM

MiraB ... oh yes, a design wall is a MUST. The bigger the better!! And even some little ones to move around too!!! When I made mine, I wondered if I was going in too far ... and would regret it. Not at all. One of the best quilting investments I've made ever. Since then, I've used the offcuts to make the portable ones too.

HilaryK8 ... as suggested, it's good to jump in and join us on the blocks we are doing for the week, then catch up on the others when you can. When I was doing the FWS, I did a lot of hopscotching and when I didn't feel like I challenge, I went ahead and did some of the easier ones. As Honchey mentioned, when we do this, we just just hold those blocks and post their pics, when their week comes up!

QuiltingNinaSue 07-23-2012 01:19 PM

Evey time a block challenges me, I learn something new...I have put off 3 blocks for several weeks...even though others on the PC trail has nailed them so well. I keep looking at theirs, it encourages me to 'try'.

Yep, I was far behind and had to break into what had to be done, to do a few to keep up my commitment to PC. Counted ten blocks done to photograph, add to the computer to post...but still delaying on those 3 that are a bit scary to me. Pp 'tis not easy for me with one eye and adds to the challenge, but in the end I will forge ahead and do them. Ice Cream Bowl first, then Jewel, and Lucky Star. maybe.

I have worked out this week's blocks and next week's blocks, so no more excuses on delaying those 3 that should have been done.

Taking my FWQ to Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday to have a lady quilt it there; turnaround is 3-4 months.

oksewglad 07-23-2012 04:33 PM

QNS you do a wonderful job with your blocks--I struggle with 2 good eyes!
Your LAQ must be good--that's a long turn around time. Hey I'm going to sew. DIL and I butchered chickens this morning; it's me time now.

dublb 07-23-2012 04:51 PM

Hilary - I'm lookin' for ward ta seein' your new blocks!

deranged_damsel 07-23-2012 05:13 PM

:D :D :D Mirabelle :D :D :D

dublb 07-23-2012 06:09 PM

OK - Ya'll are gonna be eattin' good!

carriem 07-24-2012 06:41 PM

What I did today

1 Attachment(s)
I have papers cut out and measured for all of my PC blocks. Now I need to work on cutting fabrics and some other projects. I am making good progress on my PUPs. :)

Today I got this store sample together for the shop I work at. I used the new MM tessellating windmill ruler, not a Twister ruler. It was easy to cut and sew...I wasn't so sure when I was looking at the directions initially. The little pink rectangles are my "row" markers...forgot to take off before I took the picture and didn't feel like going back to the "clubhouse" to take another one.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-24-2012 07:02 PM

Love it....that green makes it pop!!