Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 28 Miller's Daughter & Mountain Maze Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-28-millers-daughter-mountain-maze-discussion-page-t194964.html)

oksewglad 07-22-2012 05:13 PM

OH OH sinfully delicious--have a bite. Thanks mirabelle.:thumbup:

dublb 07-22-2012 07:00 PM

Hmmmm Nearly as good as marshmallows! :) QE I'll join ya w/some tea!

QuiltingNinaSue 07-22-2012 07:08 PM

Ok, glad to see Mirabell and QuiltE back on the trial of discussion; missed you guys this weekend as I spent the last two days or three in my sewing room pretending I was in the Virtual RV enjoying the cool air and spirit of all the pony club group. Yep. I moved along on PC blocks will try to finish Morning Star in the morning and post pictures.

Chains of love is back from the LA quilters...now to bind the quilt and finish the "Gone Fishing" design and quilt. Tomorrow I need to pick nectarines and tomatoes before it gets too hot. Have to turn the Quonset huts to move the turkeys and ducks. Now have guineas in two cages in the hen house...one group of 6 in the pent house, other 6 below then. Need to figure out how to built a light weight some cage they can grow in for six to eight weeks, so they will return to roost with the pullets.

Yes , Mirabelle, pass your good looking beauties that probably taste as good or better than they look!! I will bring my Cherry Coke Cola with me and enough to share... Hard to say what tomorrow will bring. May it be a good one for each of you all.

dublb 07-22-2012 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I played w/my Brother taday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350757[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350758[/ATTACH]
I installed it into the cabinet I have for it. I took the old motor off o' it & put a new one on, one w/a foot controller. Cleaned all o' the lint out o' it & oiled it. I took the tension apart & cleaned that also. As I did all o' this I realized that the bobbin case from my Kenmore would fit this machine also. So I popped it in & it ran like a top! I still have ta git a new bobbin case & a cover plate.

mirabelle 07-22-2012 09:00 PM

What a beautiful machine Bev, I wish I could find vintage machines over here, would love a Featherweight or similar. Enjoy

mirabelle 07-23-2012 02:48 AM

QNS I miss my chat time also, I am hoping things quiet down for me now and I can get back to my normal routine. DH and I discussed a design wall in my sewing room today so heres hoping. Tomorrow I hope to get my PC blocks done and be organised again.

Hope you enjoyed the cupcakes

QuiltingNinaSue 07-23-2012 03:32 AM

I gained 5 pounds with 2 cupcakes...thanks, Mirabelle. They were truly good. Dudlb. neat machine.

HilaryK8 07-23-2012 04:41 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I'm looking forward to playing around with some of these blocks. Is everyone going in order or would it be cheating for me to try to start with the easier blocks?

carriem 07-23-2012 05:37 AM

Hilary--I just jump in with the blocks where the group is at once in a while...otherwise I jump around, so yes go ahead and start with some of the easier ones. :)

carrie

Honchey 07-23-2012 06:05 AM

Hi HilaryK8, Welcome to our group...This quilt-Along is a do it at your own pace...I post the new blocks to be done every week on Tuesday evening in the order listed in the book. ...All the previous week's threads will always be available to post photos of your completed blocks...The only request that I have is that you not post photos of completed blocks not yet listed...Some of the members of our group started with the current week then continued to catch up with the blocks already posted....Start wherever you feel comfortable....Honchey