Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 34 Old Indian Trail & Pansy Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-34-old-indian-trail-pansy-photo-page-t198948.html)

carriem 09-02-2012 08:27 PM

Oh and I won't include emails in the compiled list (I will use BCC). I just don't use the QB PM very often so thought it would be easier to send to several at once by email.

carrie...who should be in bed!

Honchey 09-02-2012 09:03 PM

Just let me know what everyone agrees to and I will do it. Will I be posting a weekly thread to keep us "in tune". I think I will call it the FWS PC Bonus blocks...what do you think

JeanieG 09-02-2012 10:29 PM

I think we should continue with our PC blocks, and given the two months, we should be able to finish the blocks we make. Some people may have plans for the next few weeks (like me, who have our monthly campout coming up), and would not be able to devote the time to doing the Bonus Blocks. Especially QuiltE, who said she would be busy until the end of Sept. I think??? Can anyone remember? I have not really had time to decide even what I want to do yet! We may not have all of the blocks completed until November??? Any further ideas?

gardnergal970 09-03-2012 03:54 AM

I agree that we should wait until QuiltE is back to do the Bonus blocks.

Carrie, that's wonderful of you to volunteer to be the distributor. I'm sure our set of blocks would fit in a postal envelope so each one of us could send you what one of them would cost.

janRN 09-03-2012 04:15 AM

Carriem, thank you. I agree with Ggal to wait for QE; that would give everyone time to get the 12 blocks made. This sound like so much fun.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-03-2012 04:19 AM

With the riders that are camping in the virtual RV (doing other things right now) might we extend the PC ride past the finish date, and do the extended blocks then...at least, all those interested in doing so???? That would give them time to get caught up, and sign up, if they so desired...everyone has been wanting to extend into another project together...this might be the answer to ride a bit longer together. Thanks, JeanieG, for expressing the thought and CarrieM for stepping up with a plan....and Honchey willing to branch the ride into the extended project.

Honchey 09-03-2012 08:31 AM

Ok Guys, Block 88 & 90 the last set is scheduled to be posted Nov. 13th, and like the last Journey we had a few weeks of catch-up for those of us that have alot on our plate...The Holidays..Thanksgiving & Christmas right after that...Sooooo, I am suggesting a start up date of January, 2013...This gives all of us participating time to choose the block, fabric, etc. I know some of you are up to date and want to start this project sooner so it coincides with the finish of this project... finishing the current project is at the top of the list...We will have a weekly update after the last posting for catch-up and then start the extended " FWS PC Bonus Blocks" January 1st, 2013. If Carriem still wants to volunteer for the receiving & swapping of the blocks that's great... This is not a final say....it's what I think is best for everyone.... I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade...Please let me know what you think...H.

carriem 09-03-2012 08:58 AM

Ladies--whatever is decided for a finish date is fine with me. If you get your blocks done before the January 1st date, feel free to send them to me (I have a shelf I can store them on) and if by chance I get them all early I will send them back early. Please still PM me your name/email if you are planning to participate and I will get a file started with everyone's info.

Out to "the clubhouse" to quilt. :)
carrie

dublb 09-03-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5488160)
Ok Guys, Block 88 & 90 the last set is scheduled to be posted Nov. 13th, and like the last Journey we had a few weeks of catch-up for those of us that have alot on our plate...The Holidays..Thanksgiving & Christmas right after that...Sooooo, I am suggesting a start up date of January, 2013...This gives all of us participating time to choose the block, fabric, etc. I know some of you are up to date and want to start this project sooner so it coincides with the finish of this project... finishing the current project is at the top of the list...We will have a weekly update after the last posting for catch-up and then start the extended " FWS PC Bonus Blocks" January 1st, 2013. If Carriem still wants to volunteer for the receiving & swapping of the blocks that's great... This is not a final say....it's what I think is best for everyone.... I really don't want to rain on anyone's parade...Please let me know what you think...H.

Oh I really like this idea. This way everybody will have a chance ta plan & think about this. (I was thinkin' about QE not bein' available for several weeks when I woke up th'smornin'.) Maybe we can even talk Wendi inta joinin' us here.

JeanieG 09-03-2012 10:02 AM

January would be great for me too! This will give more time for planning our blocks. Do you think this would best be scrappy - everyone doing what colors they want, or do you think that we should choose a colorway (that might get interesting).