Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 34 Old Indian Trail & Pansy Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-34-old-indian-trail-pansy-photo-page-t198948.html)

dublb 09-01-2012 11:22 AM

I could do bluebonnets, or the shape o' TX, or cattle, oil wells, & cotton.:thumbup: What size would ya'll want?

carriem 09-01-2012 03:25 PM

QNS--I would like to be added to the list too. :)

carrie

oksewglad 09-01-2012 03:49 PM

Here's to another Iowan! G

QuiltingNinaSue 09-01-2012 04:56 PM

You are added to the list, CarrieM. Glad to have you in whatever the group decides to do.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-01-2012 05:00 PM

Iowa is my place of birth and through HS...so maybe I am more Iowan than Missouri...am living almost on the border. Which state will Honchey claim??

Honchey 09-01-2012 07:22 PM

Well, I'm certainly not cutting anymore chicken blocks that's for sure!!! I'm a Jersey Girl thru and thru!!! I'm not sure but I think that our state flower is the violet...I'll see what I can come up with...You won't believe this......The State of NJ animal is the horse...is this an omen or what!!!! maybe I'll do a horse with violets around his neck...what do they call the wreath of flowers when they win a race placed around the neck????

carriem 09-01-2012 07:34 PM

We have some "goldfinch" fabric at the shop...state bird. Hmmm maybe I could get that and do a little fussy cutting. Decisions, decisions.....

On the size, I am thinking stick with the 8" finished?? That way if we want to choose a block from PC we can. I found an 8" Iowa Star pattern and have been trying to think of how I can put all my Iowa thoughts together...

gardnergal970 09-02-2012 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5484617)
We have some "goldfinch" fabric at the shop...state bird. Hmmm maybe I could get that and do a little fussy cutting. Decisions, decisions.....

On the size, I am thinking stick with the 8" finished?? That way if we want to choose a block from PC we can. I found an 8" Iowa Star pattern and have been trying to think of how I can put all my Iowa thoughts together...

That's a great idea Carrie. They would make great subs for some of the blocks that just didn't work out and give us such wonderful memories of this ride. I haven't searched anything out but I live on the banks of the Wabash so was thinking of something along that line. I'll get looking.

dublb 09-02-2012 06:53 AM

Oh, Oh, Oh, Since I'm gonna do QAYG, the ones Ya'll send can go on the back, (since my colors are R,Cream & B!) Or I could just make myself a PC memory quilt. Again this could be fun.:thumbup:

gardnergal970 09-02-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5485411)
Oh, Oh, Oh, Since I'm gonna do QAYG, the ones Ya'll send can go on the back, (since my colors are R,Cream & B!) Or I could just make myself a PC memory quilt. Again this could be fun.:thumbup:

Or we could just make your block in your colors. But then there are Mirabells beautiful roses....a little challenging.