Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 34 Old Indian Trail & Pansy Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-34-old-indian-trail-pansy-photo-page-t198948.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-30-2012 04:54 AM

JeanieG, do tell us the way you would want to exchange [Wouldn't that make a beautiful quilt, if we all exchanged just that one block! ] with all of us on the PC trail. Remember, it would be roses to Aussie Mirabelle, not pansies. How many of us are there now?

dublb 08-30-2012 09:47 AM

Oh this would be fun! Another option might be if we each did a block that represented our our own location. (ie. I would do something TX.) Make 'em all scrappy. If ya'll don't want ta do this I'll do what ever ya'll vote on. One block or location blocks it'll be fun!

JeanieG 08-30-2012 09:53 AM

LOL, it was just an "off the top of my head" type of comment! I was just thinking how beautiful all the pansy blocks turned out.

dublb 08-30-2012 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5479189)
LOL, it was just an "off the top of my head" type of comment! I was just thinking how beautiful all the pansy blocks turned out.

It's such a great idea! :thumbup:

carriem 08-30-2012 03:40 PM

I am interested. Questions...

Is this a swap where we make everyone a block? Or I send one person a block and that person sends someone else a block? I like the idea of making an "Iowa" type block. The quilt shop where I work has LOTS of novelties, but since I am not using them in my PC blocks, it would be fun to get a few FQs of "farm stuff" to make you all a block to think of Iowa...of course I would sneak in a little KT to remind you of me. :)

carrie

janRN 08-30-2012 05:09 PM

As long as there are no y seams, I'm in!! I like the idea of making blocks representing our hometown like Carrie's idea of "Iowa" blocks. Hmm.......

gardnergal970 08-31-2012 05:02 AM

Jeanie..it looks like your comment is having a snowball affect! We're all sticking together.

mirabelle 09-01-2012 05:21 AM

This has become quite a group :thumbup: Gee what will be do next year, has Laurie written another book yet:rolleyes:

dublb 09-01-2012 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5479860)
I am interested. Questions...

Is this a swap where we make everyone a block? Or I send one person a block and that person sends someone else a block? I like the idea of making an "Iowa" type block. The quilt shop where I work has LOTS of novelties, but since I am not using them in my PC blocks, it would be fun to get a few FQs of "farm stuff" to make you all a block to think of Iowa...of course I would sneak in a little KT to remind you of me. :)

carrie

I had pictured that we were makin' a block for everyone. I'll do what ever everyone wants. It would be cool ta git a farm novilty block from you. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-01-2012 09:15 AM

Hey it would be nice to get a 'pure' Texan block. Yeah, I have corn, pigs and produce fabric that could be an "Iowa" block, but no 'donkey' to represent Missouri' s symbol. Maybe I would need to cut out some chickens, ducks and turkeys...guineas, too..or go with the dogwood bloom...I like that latter thought.

How many blocks are we really talking about making? Honchey, QuiltE, JanRN, JeanieG, GGal, Oksewglad, Mirabelle, Dublb, me and how many more????Would not want to leave anyone out that might want to do this!! So sound off on who would...and see if its possible....have you heard of the custom design T shirt place?