Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 38 Rambling Road & Rain or Shine Photo page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-38-rambling-road-rain-shine-photo-page-t201525.html)

mirabelle 09-29-2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5550090)
I'm sure you were glad to have him home for a spell .... and as you said, now life can resume to normal, and you can find more quilting time! :)
Poor guy ... that almost sounds like you're glad to see him gone!! Oh Oh!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

That's ok QuiltE, I must admit (not to him though) that I enjoy the peace and quiet while he is at work and most importantly next to no cooking and cleaning and washing etc etc oops you didn't hear me say that:eek:

:D:D
Roll on Wednesday

QuiltE 09-30-2012 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5551053)
That's ok QuiltE, I must admit (not to him though) that I enjoy the peace and quiet while he is at work and most importantly next to no cooking and cleaning and washing etc etc oops you didn't hear me say that:eek:
:D:D
Roll on Wednesday

I'm sure at times you must feel you live two lives .... the single woman, foot loose and fancy free! ... and then when he comes home, back to being married! :) The problem being that you have more time on your own, and thus, when he comes back, it seems like an interruption to the norm! Poor Guy ... though I'm sure he understands! :)

mirabelle 09-30-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5551334)

I'm sure at times you must feel you live two lives .... the single woman, foot loose and fancy free! ... and then when he comes home, back to being married! :) The problem being that you have more time on your own, and thus, when he comes back, it seems like an interruption to the norm! Poor Guy ... though I'm sure he understands! :)

We have been married almost 35 years so I am sure he understand me by now, and we have been living this life for almost 10 years, when he is home he goes fishing a lot or potters in the garden, he caught some nice fish this time, mainly barramundi. We have always had seperate interests and hobbies.

QuiltE 09-30-2012 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5552649)
We have been married almost 35 years so I am sure he understand me by now, and we have been living this life for almost 10 years, when he is home he goes fishing a lot or potters in the garden, he caught some nice fish this time, mainly barramundi. We have always had seperate interests and hobbies.

A good match, that's been working for a long time!
Here's to many more happy years together, for the two of you!!

mirabelle 09-30-2012 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My DH with the latest catch, barramundi is the best eating fish

jacquie 09-30-2012 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 5547079)
Lots of chatter this week...I like it... All the blocks are the same pattern and the fabrics make them so very different...I finally got this block finished...I had a very difficult time of it...I mirror imaged it and found that very confusing...I just couldn't get it put together correctly...after pressing it and looking at it I said to myself "how did you manage to get it backwards after all that planning". Now when I look at it in the photo after scanningit...it's the way I planned it...What is wrong with me!!!! Now to conquer the second one for this week...

honchey, i love your fabric choices... very nice block :)

(NB, have a look at the 'claws' on the bottom right block, bottom row... you have them the wrong way around dear)
xxx

Honchey 09-30-2012 03:48 PM

You are mistaken Jacquie...my block has an ingrown claw! have to take it to the doctor :)
What does NB stand for?

carriem 09-30-2012 04:09 PM

Mirabelle--looks like a very good catch. I showed my son (12 yrs, the fisher in our family) and he said "those are some nice fish!" Then said he thought they looked like bass. We had to look up some more pictures of barramundi. He just brought up a catfish (~3lbs) from the river. I guess he thought we needed to fill the spot in the freezer from lunch today. :)

mirabelle 09-30-2012 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Carriem that was yesterdays catch and this is what he brought home just now, he is downstairs filleting them now, you can't beat fresh fish

gardnergal970 09-30-2012 05:55 PM

Honchey...I saw the ingrown too but had to look hard to find it. I don't think the doctor is necessary!:thumbup: