Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

oksewglad 02-06-2012 08:55 AM

dublb, I looked at it 3 times before I found it and only because you pointed it out! So if it's that hard to find it then forget it, cuz it's a pretty block.
QE, sorry about the smoke in the eyes, my bad. PP and are grudgingly ( is there such a word?) getting along. I'm trying to take it in small doses.
Anael--such cute fabric--glad you included the campfire in your nice block.
How's next week's blocks coming? I've been tidying up the fabric cellar--actually looking for a collection of little stray houses ( 3" finished not PP) that have wandered off. Anyone up for a foray off the beaten path? I did find the first batch of HST's our guild is using for a challenge, so that's something.

janRN 02-06-2012 09:02 AM

Great blocks-all of them.
Leba I love the pinks and browns; after I look at your beautiful blocks I find I'm craving chocolate LOL.

QuiltE great fussy cutting and perfect points. I think your golded retriever is cute but Patches wants one with a pic of a Dalmatian in there next time.

Bev I always think red, white, blue would be sort of plain. Your blocks are so cheery and your placement of the fabrics is great.

Anael love your fabric--it is so cute!! Great fussy cutting and placement.

You all (yinz in Pittsburghese) keep me so inspired especially when these aren't the easiest blocks! Thank you.

dublb 02-06-2012 10:59 AM

Anael - That's so cute! Love those Cowboys & Indians! :thumbup:
OK - I'll print up my Freezerpapers today & start picking out fabrics. Maybe even iron 'em on before bed. I've made that my goal for Mondays.:)

QuiltE 02-06-2012 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=JanieW;4947081]About time, QuiltE!!! Nice blocks. Fussy cutting and pp ing are not meant to go together./QUOTE]

JanieW ... Sure! ... rub it in!! think of it as me checking that you were really in, before I went at it
BTW I'm too stubborn to accept that!!! Last night I was thinking ... with FWS I got comfy with PP, so now with PC I'd better put it together with FC!

JeanieG and DublB ... you have no idea how many times I looked at the pictures in the book and the line drawing to try to avoid getting those squares and triangles in the wrong place!

Anael ... that block is just so darned cute! Great fussy cut work!

GGal ... now that I'm here, I'm not disappearing! Yes, my plan is to use that same yellow batik in every block and/or the printed fabric that has the same colour in the background.

OKSGlad ... hrmpf! ... small doses seem to be working for you as you're getting some nice blocks (that is IF you really ARE PPing?) L(

JanRN ... would you please tell Patches that if he would provide some fabric, then I'd gladly put one in, in his honour, and in memory of my dearly departed Zammy! Which now has me thinking and wondering if I could find any pictures of Zammy and use them? The question is WHERE are they?

Anyone and Everyone!! ... are you finding the same as me? that you have great fabrics ... and then when you try to use them for FC, that they are too big and just don't fit. I get quite frustrated when picking and choosing fabrics to try to find the fussy cut candidates!

JeanieG 02-06-2012 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=QuiltE;4949192]

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4947081)

Anyone and Everyone!! ... are you finding the same as me? that you have great fabrics ... and then when you try to use them for FC, that they are too big and just don't fit. I get quite frustrated when picking and choosing fabrics to try to find the fussy cut candidates!

Yes, you really have to be careful when you buy the pony fabrics. I have one or two I may not be able to use as the images are too big! Now when I look for fabric, I only choose the ones with little images.

janRN 02-06-2012 02:29 PM

QE I have the same frustration with picking fabrics. Mine is truly scrappy. I have a few novelty fabrics but most of my blocks are going to be made with what ever I have. I have some fabric with pretty flowers, but you're right-they're too big. Question: I made a block with gold on it. Is this non-Pony Clubish? It's a pretty block and I like it but I don't want the Quilt Sheriff to come after me.

QuiltE 02-06-2012 02:41 PM

JanRN ... heck Frito Bandito probably just stole them thar gold bars that y'all have! Now you have me wondering "how many" blocks you have done? :)

JeanieG ... yeppir! I've been a-learnin' the hard way. But gosh, it's sure helping my stash to grow :) And will have some that will be ready for my I Spy.

Wouldn't it be nice to buy fabric especially for every block?
I don't have the patience ... and prefer to stash shop!

dublb 02-06-2012 02:42 PM

Yes, my Betsy Ross is much bigger than I thought! Even some of those other ones aren't a good size. I have ta fussy cut ta get 'em right. Boy does that eat up fabric!

JanieW 02-06-2012 03:23 PM

QuiltE,
I am stubborn, too so I hear you. When I was sewing my first block for this week yesterday, I realized that I did the flying geese sections with wrong colour placement. I decided to do pp this time as all those pesky triangles were intimidating me. PP is so not my favourite method. So I decide that I need to frog stitch because I don't have enough of the dark fabric to just toss and start over. So stubborn me picked out all those dang blasted teeny tiny stitches required for pp on all 4 sections . Then I sewed it back the right way.

oksewglad, I think a little bling in your quilt will look quite nice.

I am really liking everybody's fabric. Mine is scrappy and I am really liking shopping the stash, especially when I find just the right fabrics to go together.

Off to finish up Boy's Playmate. No paper piecing on that one. Whoo hoo!

QuiltE 02-06-2012 03:35 PM

JanieW ... I hear you ... though I don't think I would have been quite so dedicated on that one! I started that block last night and while I didn't get placement wrong ... there were a few times that I did get the fabric on the wrong side of the triangle, so pick pick pick, I had to do too! Though in most cases, I did not save the piece of fabric ... it went in my crumb bin.

DublB ... join the crowd!! :)