Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

JanieW 02-07-2012 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4950998)
JanieW, I started a block and the fabric has gold moons & small stars on it. I was afraid it wasn't Pony Club type fabric. But since I'm using what I have, it's going in the block LOL. Looking back at my FWS, I used some fabric with bling and those blocks don't stand out. I'm just real insecure when it comes to picking colors and needed someone to say it's okay-thank you QE. I love the colors and fabric everyone is using--OMG I have "stash envy"!!!

I know what you mean about colour insecurity, I have it , too. I think using a bit of gold will look fine. Just think of how some of those "cowboys" dressed when they were performing at the grand Ole Opry. They sure weren't shy about using a bit of bling.
I can't wait to see the block you're talking about.

QuiltE 02-07-2012 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4951413)
I know what you mean about colour insecurity, I have it , too. I think using a bit of gold will look fine. Just think of how some of those "cowboys" dressed when they were performing at the grand Ole Opry. They sure weren't shy about using a bit of bling.
I can't wait to see the block you're talking about.

Good thinking thereJanieW ... and how 'bout your the Cowton garb during Stampede Week?? (perhaps I should say, all year long!) :)

JanieW 02-07-2012 07:56 AM

Absolutely, QuiltE.
Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really into the Stampede. I don't own cowboy boots or a stetson. Sacrilege I know, but I kinda, sorta, feel for the animals. Not in a Bob Barker way, but I am a softie.

Nothing looks as good as blue jeans with a blingy top, tho'.

dublb 02-07-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 4950493)
All of the blocks are just beautiful. I am looking forward to the day my quilting skills will be good enough to join groups like this. Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures.

Betty I hope that ya join with us! We're not all great quilters & Laurie put several different ways to make these blocks. If ya go ta the store & look at the book it kinda looks hard but when you put that CD in you'll see that she puts rotary directions, templates, & PP directions. So you have several different ways ta do these blocks. I'm mostly using The freezer paper method. If your interested then I'll post that link again. Come on & jump right in. PS Ive never done PP or the freezer paper method till I started here. It'll be fun!!

carriem 02-07-2012 09:17 AM

My first block...Best Friend

1 Attachment(s)
I used rotary cutting for this block. This is the first time I have ever done anything so small...the little HST are so cute. :)

Carrie

QuiltE 02-07-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4951569)
Absolutely, QuiltE.
Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really into the Stampede. I don't own cowboy boots or a stetson. Sacrilege I know, but I kinda, sorta, feel for the animals. Not in a Bob Barker way, but I am a softie.

Nothing looks as good as blue jeans with a blingy top, tho'.

*gasp*
Just can't be!!

And talking' about bling .... what about all those dinner plate belt buckles?
(I always think they must be so uncomfortable to wear ... nothing like slicing your gut with a knife!)

QuiltE 02-07-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 4951834)
I used rotary cutting for this block. This is the first time I have ever done anything so small...the little HST are so cute. :)

Carrie

Pretty Pretty Pretty!
and pointy points ... it's fun doing these little ones, isn't it?

Ladies ... I think this CarrieM-gal is hooked already! :)

dublb 02-07-2012 10:17 AM

Lovely!!!!! Ya did great!! Beautiful colors, & your points are great!:thumbup:

Anael 02-07-2012 10:26 AM

Beautiful block and such pointy points!

JanieW 02-07-2012 10:37 AM

Welcome, CarrieM. I love your block. Those fabrics are gorgeous and the block is very striking!! Yeehaw, we got us another one.