Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

Anael 02-06-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4949192)
[/COLOR]Anyone and Everyone!! ... are you finding the same as me? that you have great fabrics ... and then when you try to use them for FC, that they are too big and just don't fit. I get quite frustrated when picking and choosing fabrics to try to find the fussy cut candidates![/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

YES, same problem here. Sometimes I just sit and stare at the fabric, wondering what to use and how to use it. I don't want to cut in the middle of a FQ for the perfect fussy cut:(

dublb 02-06-2012 06:49 PM

Hey Ya'll, I guess I'll jump in & Broken Heart is going ta be PP!

oksewglad 02-06-2012 07:53 PM

So is everyone as frugal about fabric as it sounds? A common thread then! I OD'd on PP last week and may be ready to work on blocks tonight. Had 4 of the grands (18 mons, almost 3, 6 , and 8) for 3 hours tonight, Whew!
JanieW, what kind of bling were you thinking?

QuiltE 02-06-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4950351)
So is everyone as frugal about fabric as it sounds? A common thread then! I OD'd on PP last week and may be ready to work on blocks tonight. Had 4 of the grands (18 mons, almost 3, 6 , and 8) for 3 hours tonight, Whew!

You wouldn't believe how tiny the crumbs are that I am keeping! :)

BETTY62 02-06-2012 08:56 PM

All of the blocks are just beautiful. I am looking forward to the day my quilting skills are good enough to join groups like this. Thanks everyone for sharing yourpictures.

BETTY62 02-06-2012 08:57 PM

All of the blocks are just beautiful. I am looking forward to the day my quilting skills will be good enough to join groups like this. Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures.

QuiltE 02-06-2012 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 4950488)
All of the blocks are just beautiful. I am looking forward to the day my quilting skills are good enough to join groups like this. Thanks everyone for sharing yourpictures.

Betty62
... We'd be happy to have you saddle up!! The way to get those skills better are to jump on your pony and practice along with us!

JanieW 02-06-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 4950351)

I goofed and was referring to JanRN and her gold in the fabric, but I referred to you, oksewglad. Sorry about that.

janRN 02-07-2012 05:31 AM

JanieW, I started a block and the fabric has gold moons & small stars on it. I was afraid it wasn't Pony Club type fabric. But since I'm using what I have, it's going in the block LOL. Looking back at my FWS, I used some fabric with bling and those blocks don't stand out. I'm just real insecure when it comes to picking colors and needed someone to say it's okay-thank you QE. I love the colors and fabric everyone is using--OMG I have "stash envy"!!!

gardnergal970 02-07-2012 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 4950493)
All of the blocks are just beautiful. I am looking forward to the day my quilting skills will be good enough to join groups like this. Thanks everyone for sharing your pictures.

QuiltE is right . Quilting along with a group like this is such a learning experience. You actually may be better than you think you are and just need some oohing and awingggg to help you realize it.