Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 01-05-2018 05:02 PM

We got up to 51 degrees today... woo hoo!

JuneBillie 01-06-2018 01:09 AM

Happy New Years, Everyone!
JeanieG I am also so sorry for the loss of your dear son. It is a wonderful thing to get together in his honor.
I always think of my dear mother and father. Now I get together with the other family of siblings, and my son and daughter in law.

Me and hubby were so sick with the stomach flu virus right into the new year. Worst I ever had. Today was the first day I felt better, and did a small bit of sewing. I am up now due to sleeping earlier, and now awake.

Hugs to all, and prayers for all to have a good year blessed with better health, happy sewing, and loving family and friends.:)

JuneBillie 01-06-2018 01:28 AM

Bonnie your quilt is so pretty. I like those colors together, and so many pretty pieces. I have been watching everyone's pretty blocks, and things you all are working on.

I am thinking of those going through their pt, and QNS I am glad things are going better for you and your dear husband.

I am just finishing up some pot holders that were delayed for my daughter in law for Christmas. She had the other gifts though so all was well. Then I am going to begin a simple quilt for me and hubby with some pretty fabric. Soon I hope to take my time, and work on a quilt for my son to have from me.

It sure has been cold here too. Colder than we use to have. It's probably 8 degrees outside right now, and later maybe get up in the low 20's.

dublb 01-06-2018 06:34 AM

We are taking #2DSon to the Abilene Air Port today. He flys out to Chicago at one.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-06-2018 09:24 AM

Dublb, it was nice having him home for Christmas and New Year's Day. I know you'all are proud of him and his career he is pursuing.

Hi JuneBillie. Did you have snow?? Kenai, Alaska was warmer than we were. But I am happy the snow went North and South of us. Going up above freezing this week and that is the January thaw that happens every year. Spring is getting closer. Never saw Easter on April Fool's Day before that I can remember...like it is this year.

sewbizgirl 01-06-2018 10:35 AM

JuneBillie, I'm sorry to hear y'all have been so sick. Glad you are on the mend now. So many people spent the holidays sick! Maybe it was the cold?

Today felt warmer outside. It's easing up towards 50 again.

Bev, hope your son has safe travels home. It's always sad to see them leave.

Wow Sue, Easter is on April Fool's Day? I don't pay much attention to April Fool's, but it seems rather irreverant to put Easter on that day. Wonder who chooses which Sunday Easter will fall on each year?

QuiltingNinaSue 01-06-2018 12:24 PM

Son't know SBG. Have to look that one up.

Friend that was coming up so we could sew is not going to make it today. She totaled her car, I think, but she is fine. Now the problem is the Rack of Pork Ribs, BBQ'd and two pans of cinnamon rolls I had prepared for her visit. Guess we will eat what we can and freeze the rest. Never tastes as good as fresh made ones.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-06-2018 12:25 PM

Don't you hate it when it you hit the wrong key...hit the S instead the D.

sewbizgirl 01-06-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 7977998)
Don't you hate it when it you hit the wrong key...hit the S instead the D.

LOL, you have something like 30 minutes after you post to "edit" what you typed. After that, the edit option goes away. It 's down below the text, to the left of "reply".

Sorry your friend totaled her car!

oksewglad 01-06-2018 02:46 PM

My search found this: "The basic rule for determining the date for Easter is that it is on the first Sunday after the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after March 21st. The beginning date, March 21st, was chosen because it is usually the vernal equinox (generally, the first day of spring)."