Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 01-03-2018 05:53 PM

Bev, What a cute layout you chose for your pieces/units from the BHMQ ORL. I don't see a reason to call your quilt ORL though. It's really your own pattern. :-) I started with yardage and the first clue, then changed my mind and decided to wait for the reveal. I'm glad I did, because I think I wouldn't have liked what I had started.

I worked on the Merry Mayhem NYD mystery quilt. I got all the blocks done, but after seeing photos of the little BH units, the pieces of the MMMQ seem so big! I started a border to put around the blocks that have smaller pieces, and I think I might change the pattern a little bit in how I incorporate my border. I do like the blocks and the border pieces together, so that's all good. Just more work to do, and not enough sewing time to do it! :-)

Terrible cold weather here. I hope the roads stay clear.

dublb 01-03-2018 10:46 PM

QNS, that is just the layout, I haven't sewn 'em together. I haven't even cut the brown sashing. I just laid the other pieces over it. I spent this evening re-pressing & squaring up 70 of the shaded 4-patches. 30 more to go. This quilt is a one step at a time quilt for sure. I definitely like samplers better.
I haven't seen the orange as I am also one that doesn't like orange. Don't get me wrong I have used some in a few quilts when they are needed but on a whole I avoid it.
My DGK's came over earlier today & I played a couple of games of Munchkins w/'em. That sure does cut into sewing time but a great distraction. :)
Givo, I was thinking of calling it On Brady Lake. Alright, it doesn't quite look like the sunrise floating on a lake but I kinda like the name anyway. Well maybe it is more like a sunset? When the water is getting dark first?

QuiltingNinaSue 01-04-2018 05:38 PM

Oil painters often paint the closest things to you in the picture a dark color. Forgot why. Dublb.

I thought 'grungy' was dark colors, but I guess not. Thanks, OK, for the clarification...looks like a new line?

Fun day with guests here. Weather is slowly getting warmer. Then it will dive low again. That is winter.

oksewglad 01-04-2018 08:07 PM

QNS, the Grunge line has been out about a year now...it also comes in wide backing fabric and has been used a lot at the shop.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2018 05:34 AM

That figures on how far I am behind on current quilt fabrics, I guess, Ok. Thanks for the information. Now I know and that is not a bad thing to learn something new at my age. LOL! Or any age, its good to learn new things and ideas.

Goilng to enjoy the warmer temperatures the next few days here. Friend is coming in on Saturday to visit until Wednesday and we will be quilting on Christmas quilts for next year. This will give us enough time to finish them! Simple patterned tops, have not decided yet on the pattern....or what fabric from our stash. And we get to talk and converse and laugh together. Priceless.

Have a good weekend and a good week the second week of January. May everyone stay healthy, wealthy and wise. Or at least two out of the three things.

sewbizgirl 01-05-2018 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Enjoy sewing with your friend, Sue! Sounds like the most fun...

I saw the Moda grunge line last spring when I went to Hancocks of Paducah. I'm not a big fan. To me it just looked like dirty solids.

I got my On Ringo Lake quilt finished last night... at least the center of it. I still need to come up with a blue-ish border for it. I'm even thinking of something like the Merry Mayhem mystery quilt-- that twisty thing she did would make a nice border in blues and neutrals. We'll see.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586631[/ATTACH]

Busy little number, isn't it? That's why I think it needs a pieced border.

JeanieG 01-05-2018 02:45 PM

Looks great to me SBG! At least you are almost finished - seems like I have a long way to go yet.

QuiltingNinaSue 01-05-2018 02:50 PM

Applause for SBG, lovely, lovely, lovely job on the BH quilt top. If I could do one so well....and that is a deep subject: wells. Love the colors and the way you put it together.

sewbizgirl 01-05-2018 03:14 PM

Thank you. QNS you crack me up with your wells! Jeanie, you'll get there.

I wanted darker colors than the peach and aqua, so I went with orange and true blue. Really ready to work on something else for a while.

oksewglad 01-05-2018 04:35 PM

Nice job, SBG.
Looking at warmer temps this week....yeah...