Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

dublb 07-07-2018 03:49 AM

I finished painting DM's guest room. We will move the funiture back into that room today. DNiece is gonna be here to visit DM tonight. :)

sewbizgirl 07-07-2018 08:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We had some visitors in the yard this morning. 3 beautiful deer. We think it was a mother and her two grown daughters.

Two that looked like this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597350[/ATTACH]

And this bigger, darker doe we think is their mother:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597351[/ATTACH]

"Mom" spots me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597352[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-07-2018 01:34 PM

Every morning and early evening we have a couple that come out of the woods east of our house and into the hayfield. They eat their fill of alfalfa and then sneak into the trees. Thanks for sharing such lovely photos.

JeanieG 07-07-2018 02:35 PM

That is so cool. Love watching deer!

givio 07-07-2018 03:58 PM

Ok, yes! 200 HSTs are about right for this setting. What a great pattern. I love the baskets. The colors looks so nice as you have drawn it up. It will be quite different with scrappy baskets. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to save this.

SBG, I never imaged your yard looking like that! It's special to see deer close up.

sewbizgirl 07-07-2018 04:07 PM

OK, forgot to say how pretty your quilt design is. I agree, 3.5 yards for sashings is crazy. Looks like maybe one yard, if that.

Givio, we are out in the middle of nowhere, in the woods! Our house is about 1/4 mile off the road. So nice and quiet here. My son used to hunt the deer here when he was younger, (but not anywhere near the house). Now we just try to provide a sanctuary for the deer where they feel safe. Trying to protect a few from all the redneck Yayhoos out here who pursue them....

oksewglad 07-07-2018 04:31 PM

Thanks on the quilt...I did some quick figuring and I might be able to get the pieces needed from 5/8 of a yard..so yes a yards will be sufficient...hmmm may change my fabric selections.

oksewglad 07-07-2018 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've recalculated actual yardage based on these measurements and have switched the 2 borders. I think I'm going to go scrappy with the framed blocks and basket edges...good Lord I have enough of those. Will use the light floral print in the baskets and keep the basket bases the same. [ATTACH=CONFIG]597394[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 07-07-2018 09:07 PM

It's going to look pretty, OK. Some scrappy and some constants... I like it!

QuiltingNinaSue 07-08-2018 06:06 AM

6 Attachment(s)
OK, I hope you show us the results.

Honchey, I hope you return to show us your final blocks in a quilt.

SBG the photos are very peaceful looking. Too many deer here and across the border. We drive very slow where we know them to be. A mother and twin fawns ran out in front of us last week, but dh was driving very slow, so he did get stopped in time..

Trying to do Butterflies pattern by Laura Wheeler:[ATTACH=CONFIG]597407[/ATTACH] And do a few more Bible Sampler [ATTACH=CONFIG]597408[/ATTACH] four rows now and 26 pieced blocks. One took me 3 days to do it; another one took 2 days.[ATTACH=CONFIG]597409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597411[/ATTACH] Last is called "One Way." Iowa-Missouri have lilies in ditches along the road ways called "Corn Lilies", there is an 'ear' of corn in the center of them:[ATTACH=CONFIG]597412[/ATTACH]