Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 02-03-2018 11:02 AM

My husband likes to look at 'night sky things.' But we had complete overcast clouds during the eclispe.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-04-2018 08:26 AM

Dublb, dh used an old fan out of an old computer to blow on his tomato plants and we had fresh tomatoes from the inside plant. It blew pollen from one plant to another.

Think I need a few more blocks to complete my twisted classic quilt. Working on a another version of bear paw pattern for a friend. Love the challenge.

Have a great Sunday and a great week. Thought we had our car woes won; state title came with crediting that wrong bank. Time for another round of talks to straighten it out...again.

JuneBillie 02-04-2018 10:27 AM

Great moon pics, and yummy to the tomatoes.

It's rainy and cold here today. I cut out and sewed some strips together to make two candle mats for my sister's birthday to put in their cards made out of a piece of our dad's shirt, and fabric out of a dress our mother made herself years ago. I think they will be surprised, but can sit them in front of their pictures in their bedrooms or wherever and put a little candle on them or tiny little box. I had planned to make them into memory bears, but that made me feel too sad. This was easier.

Have a nice Sunday and week ahead. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-05-2018 06:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures of quilt block and quilt on vertical wall: [ATTACH=CONFIG]588474[/ATTACH]Bear Paw version. [ATTACH=CONFIG]588475[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588476[/ATTACH]Twisted Classic combo The House that Jack built and Midnight Star. Bear Paw is 20"; and each square in twisted classic is 9 1/4". A friend brought me the main color in it and I matched it to make the quilt.

dublb 02-05-2018 06:52 AM

OH Sue! Your twisted Classic combo is wonderful! It just sings! OH & just look at that wonderful Bear Paw! :)

dublb 02-05-2018 07:02 AM

I went to Midland & picked up my DM yesterday. I am so excited to have her here for a bit. I will take her back on Thurs. The thing is I am supposed to pick up a DF from the Abilene air port on Thurs night. DM wanted me to take her back to Midland on Wed but I didn't want to drive to Midland then drive back home. Then drive to & from Abilene on Thurs night. I will drive to Midland then (taking a triangular route) drive to Abilene that night before driving home.
I am excited about my DF coming as we are going to to go to quilt retreat in Brownwood.

sewbizgirl 02-05-2018 07:19 AM

Gorgeous work, Sue! That blue in the quilt! That's going to be a beauty.

Bev, have a fun week with your mom and then your friend.

oksewglad 02-05-2018 07:54 AM

What a striking quilt, QNS! Bonnie is right, it sings. Your fussy cutting on the Bear's Paw is to notch, as always.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-05-2018 09:12 AM

Thanks everyone. Your comments made my day a little brighter.

mmac71 02-05-2018 05:53 PM

That Bear Claw block is beautiful! Was the pattern in a book?