Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 07:46 PM

Thanks... I'll look for some photo transfer paper next time I'm at JoAnn's. The next block in the book is County Fair or something like that. It's got so many tiny pieces I used the paper piecing templates instead of cutting the pieces. What a nightmare. Will show you later, when I have another one to show with it. I'm skipping the blocks I don't like... not many.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-31-2017 04:52 AM

The transfer paper, SBG, is fabric glued on paper. The better the image you can get on it from a computer or copier, the better off you are. Color or black and white will work. Mine were from my childhood long ago and still worked in black and white and in color. Good luck with yours,may they turn out well. We are all cheering you on from the sidelines, and yes, we all skipped some blocks too. It is your quilt to do your way!

sewbizgirl 07-31-2017 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No time to make another block today so here is County Fair:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577776[/ATTACH]

dublb 07-31-2017 05:26 PM

SBS! I love your country fair! This one just about ate my lunch! I was so glad when I got it finished.

dublb 07-31-2017 05:26 PM

OMGoodness!!!!! I am so excited!!!! #1DSon (the one that has gone back to collage in his early 30's) got his acceptance letter from the medical school in Ft Worth. He has one more year at Midland collage, one year at UNT in Denton, 2 years at the Texas College of Ostoepathic Medicine, and 2 years in Residency. He might then go into a specialty or just become a family physician.
My Son is gonna be a Doctor!!!!!!

JeanieG 07-31-2017 07:12 PM

Wow Bev, that is just amazing! Your are so justified in being proud of him! Congratulations to your son.

sewbizgirl 07-31-2017 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7876561)
SBS! I love your country fair! This one just about ate my lunch! I was so glad when I got it finished.

Me too! It completely ate my lunch! I hope there aren't too many more that are that hard.

BIG CONGRATS on your son's good news! I'd be pretty excited too. :thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 08-01-2017 03:55 AM

Dublb, great news about your son becoming a doctor! Wow. Terrific news.

SBG. another great block! Love the County Fair colors!

dublb 08-01-2017 07:33 PM

Life was crazy today. I got my house cleaned up by the time my DB & his family got here. Then DD called to say that the bedding set she got DGD for her b-day didn't come w/sheets. So my DSisIL & I went to Walmart & got some & took 'em to DD's house. We set up the room & then we cleaned till it was time for DGD's birthday supper! DSisIL contributed by washing the last of the dishes that were in boxes. DSonIL was cooking all the time we all were cleaning. The DGKids were staying at my house playing w/my Nieces (who are much older.) We had supper at about 6:00. All of DGD's favorites. Grilled steak, Smoked Salmon, Sauteed Brussels-sprouts, Baked Fingerling Potaotes, Steamed Broccoli, & Cheesecake. (I didn't have any potatoes nor any of the cheesecake.) Ya'll should have seen DGD's face when she saw the room w/the new bedding & all the other new stuff in her room. DD also got her some stuff to hang on her walls. DH & I gave her a bookcase that we had in storage where she can put her porcelain dolls & more of her books. The room she has already has a built-in bookcase but it is overflowing w/books!

sewbizgirl 08-01-2017 09:43 PM

That sounds so wonderful, Bev. I'm sure your GD was really blessed!