Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-28-2019 12:52 PM

Great job of organizing, Carrie! Wanna finish my UFOs (BS) that I am finishing up on, then get back on the Bible Sampler. Baked and do some housework today. DH pronounced his Chicken noodle soup perfect, and the chocolate chip cookies very good. My laundry is drying. Dr. visits Monday and Wednesday with the chance of seeing some quilt shops to browse through. Happy thoughts.

sewbizgirl 04-28-2019 01:40 PM

carriem, if you like the Pinwheel Fantasy quilt, you'll love so many others she has. The author of these patterns is Becky Tillman Petersen. You won't believe how many wonderful free quilt patterns she has! If you love scrappy, this is the place for you.

https://www.quiltedtwins.com/free-patterns-layout-2

They are given free, but you can give a donation to help her keep creating, if you are so inclined.

Her collection of blue quilts are towards the bottom of the page. They would be great done in recycled shirts.

sewbizgirl 04-28-2019 01:43 PM

Sue, I made a white bean soup last night with the leftover Easter ham bone, and proclaimed it perfect! I was just 'winging it' without a recipe, so was pretty pleased with it. Looking forward to leftovers tonight.

dublb 04-28-2019 07:57 PM

The first of the trip was good. Since we left just before lunch I grabbed the left over sausage from breakfast & put it in a ziploc baggie. We ate it just before we got to the hospital. The visiting hours start at 2:15 & we were told that it last only 30 Minutes so we didn't stop to get any lunch. The sausage wasn't much but we thought it would get us through.
When DD went in to do the visit I took a nap in the truck. Well she got to stay and visit longer. DD said that the visit went very well. DFGD is still annoyed about being there but not angry anymore. Well she is a bit mad at the therapist but not at DD. She is doing better on the new meds & sleeping better. they have all said that lack of sleep makes everything worse. Doesn't it for just about everything? Anyway they are taking it a day at a time. We should get 24hours notice of when she is gonna be released.
We went looking for food right after her visit. We thought we'd stop at a Japanese grill. I figured we'd be out in no time. Wrong. It wasn't like any oriental grill I have ever been at. It was just a regular sit down restaurant. They got DD's sushi out real fast but took forever to get me my food. Eventually we decided to leave & they said that my food was ready. I got 'em to put it in a togo box & DD was gonna drive for a bit. Now by this time I wasn't hungry anymore, which means that I was really hungry. I git that way sometimes. Well we got out to the car & my shrimp had sugar in it. (I don't eat sugar & it's been so long since I ate any sugar that it makes me sugar crash.) So I didn't eat it. Then DD found me a Sonic & I got some cheese sticks. I did take the breading off of it. They helped so much. Then in Lampasas we stopped for a bathroom break, I also grabbed some hulled sunflower seeds, & I took over driving the last half of the trip home. At home Mike had some ribs grilled for us. They were huge! I didn't eat all of mine. I did however have 2 helpings of salad! I needed a veggie of some kind by that time. LOL I'll eat more fruit & veggies tomarrow for sure.
I am glad that I went though as DD talked all the way there about a ton of things that she hasn't been able to talk about through this whole mess.
I want to say how much we enjoyed all the wildflowers on this trip. There are fewer Bluebonnets but a bunch of other flowers are out there. As I have said before, late March & April are the best times to come to TX!

sewbizgirl 04-28-2019 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8246465)
SBG...looks like an ambitious project...the blocks not so much, but the pinwheels and sashings!!! Will look great.

Thanks. The pinwheels and sashings are the showy part of the quilt, but are so slow going and you need so many of them. I feel like I'm working on a Bonnie Hunter!

I've sewn all weekend. Here is my progress on the Pinwheel Fantasy quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612242[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 04-28-2019 09:53 PM

That sounds like progress with the DFGK, Bev. Praise the Lord for that...

dublb 04-30-2019 07:44 PM

I love how your Pinwheel Fantasy is coming along SBG! I can see why ya would feel like ya are working on a BH quilt. all those steps!

DFGD was released from the hospital yesterday. DD went & got her. DH & I were moving our berries. We weren't sure if the termite poison would make our berries poison or not. So we spent most of the day cutting 'em back, digging 'em up & planting 'em over by my building. Well when the exterminator got here today he told DH that it wasn't systemic so my berries would have been OK. Oh well.
I wasn't here then as DM DD & I went to Fredricksburg. Well the DGD's were w/us for part of it but they had to go to Theater class. Anyway we went to some shops on Main street, shopped at Beals, & ate at Mamasita's. Then we picked up the girls & came home.

sewbizgirl 04-30-2019 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 8247633)
I love how your Pinwheel Fantasy is coming along SBG! I can see why ya would feel like ya are working on a BH quilt. all those steps!

Thanks. The little pinwheels are a real booger! I have all of my sashing strips made and bordered with white, and 22 of 36 of the 16 patch blocks. The pinwheels are a little over half done. It's getting tricky to make the last 14 of the 16-patches. I still have plenty of blue 2.5" squares, but you need a huge variety to pick the right dark, light and mid range blues to make the values right. It goes from dark in one corner to light in the opposite corner, transitioning in between. It's getting hard with what I have left. But I'll get it done!

Glad the DFGD is better and released from the hospital.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-01-2019 05:11 AM

Looks like you are seriously quilting SBG. 'Til after one this morning. Our power went off at ten and we were in the dark for several hours. I finished the last row of blocks on the Christmas Burg yesterday, now to sew the last row together, then sew all the rows together.

sewbizgirl 05-01-2019 05:29 AM

Yikes... don’t look at my time stamps! Yes, I was up til 2 the last two nights... Bad, bad!