Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 04-03-2018 04:38 AM

It will be great JeanieG to see your pictures of those 'flimsy tops'. Mine is still on the bucket list....blocks are done on the latest one but not put together. It may take a month to straighten out my mess. Back to Chariton this morn to where is there is 75% off fabric....who could resist another look?

sewbizgirl 04-03-2018 09:11 AM

Ooooh, lucky you, QNS. I couldn't resist another look, either.

Tonight is our usual twice-monthly meeting of the charity quilters group. One of the ladies said she is bringing a bunch of fabric to sell for a friend at $1 a yard!! The lady isn't sewing any more and just needs to get rid of the fabric, so her friend is helping her by selling it to us! I hope it's something nice and something we can use. So excited to see it.

QuiltingNinaSue 04-03-2018 01:32 PM

I have or in the process of PM ing some of you who have helped me in the past. Dh thought I had bought out the store! He said the next time I had to carry it all out. Garbage bags worked great and I got the boards too.

Pictures later, we are both too tired to carry in tonight.

dublb 04-12-2018 08:25 PM

Life has been crazy busy. I am sooo sorry that I haven't stopped by here in a while. Yesterday I drove to Midland & helped DM pack up all her breakables. I will go back next week & pack up some more stuff before I bring her to Brady next Friday (the 20th) to close on this house. She will go back & the movers will move her on the 24th. Oh my!!!! DD & I will be painting from Friday till Monday at noon. We want the paint to be dry before the movers get here.

oksewglad 04-12-2018 10:46 PM

It will be so nice to have Mom closer, dublb...Enjoy the time you have with her.

How's everyone doing? Had some farm business take me away from my fun time...but tonight did get back to the quilt frame and got some frog stitchin' done...I failed to check tension after I refilled bobbins. I blithely quilted until ready to roll...oh the sinking feeling when you see all the loose threads on the bottom and you know the sound of "rip it" is in the future. I have about a square foot left to rip, but time to call it for the day.

Had a nice day today...went to town with only a light jacket...tomorrow through the weekend a different story. This lousy weather is getting old...

QuiltingNinaSue 04-13-2018 02:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I keep thinking Spring is around the corner...and I saw our daffodils in Bloom. Our newest ones on the homestead:[ATTACH=CONFIG]592910[/ATTACH]Is it still Christmas:[ATTACH=CONFIG]592911[/ATTACH]Dh Christmas Cactus is blooming. Monday the 23rd, we get our 10 young ducks. Ready for them to appear that week. Enjoy every moment, 'cause they disappear so quick!

sewbizgirl 04-13-2018 04:40 PM

What sweet little chicks, QNS... signs of Spring. The Christmas cactus is a little late, but it's sure putting out now! Gorgeous.

Bev, so much involved in moving your Mom's house. I'm sure you will be glad to have it done and have her close by.

Quiet weekend planned here. I'll be sewing, hubby probably puttering around in the garage. But next week is my big birthday treat to myself! I'm going to the Paducah AQS show! Woo hoo! Will leave Wednesday and go to Memphis first. Staying overnight with my daughter, and then heading out early Thursday for Paducah. My back can't take a lot of driving, so I'm breaking it up into two 3 hour stretches. That will be tricky enough. Once I get there I will walk all around Paducah, which will make my back happier. So excited to see the show and vendors, Hancock's and Quilt In A Day. Not to mention all the fun places to eat! Yay for Paducah!!

Hope Springtime comes to visit you all soon!

Blue Bell 04-13-2018 05:33 PM

QNS------I believe that this is an Easter Cactus.

oksewglad 04-13-2018 06:56 PM

SBG...sounds like fun...some folks from here are taking a bus trip down...wish I could've tagged along. Let us know what impressed you the most.

sewbizgirl 04-13-2018 08:41 PM

I will be happy to! I always take a bunch of pictures to "share the show" with the folks here on the board.