Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 10-07-2017 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally took a picture outdoors of my 'orange' quilt. It sure seems a lot brighter in person than it does in this picture. :-) Here it is for you to see! The center block is a cute print of a mother combing a daughter's hair.

JeanieG 10-07-2017 01:07 PM

Givio - that is just beautiful. Such a fun sampler!

givio 10-07-2017 01:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took another picture indoors, that is a little more orange. :-) And the back is orange, which gives it a more orange feeling in person.

oksewglad 10-07-2017 01:49 PM

What a fun quilt, givio!

Blue Bell 10-07-2017 02:43 PM

Givio, Your quilt is beautiful. Expert workmanship and love all the fabrics you chose.

dublb 10-07-2017 04:00 PM

OH Givo! It's lovely!!!!! Such a happy quilt! It makes me smile.

sewbizgirl 10-07-2017 04:41 PM

Givio that quilt is OUTSTANDING! So beautiful.... Who is is for? It's a family heirloom for someone. Such beautiful quilting, too. Love, love, LOVE it! You're an artist and a genius. :cool: :cool: :cool: <3<3<3

oksewglad 10-08-2017 03:32 PM

Just finished with the last border on the TicTacSew quilt I was making with my QBuddy. Need to call her to see how far she has gotten with hers. The setting square fabric was used to the fullest! Leftover fabrics consist of a short strip of 2 3/8" fabric and 3 1/2" short strip and a teeny tiny wof that is less than a quarter inch...Picture when I figure out how to downsize pictures from my new camera.

sewbizgirl 10-08-2017 04:33 PM

Well, I did it to myself again. I have another wedding dress to alter! It was an emergency when my friend's daughter's bridal shop LOST her alterations appt, and my friend begged me to help. What could I say, 'No, I hate doing wedding gowns?' So I'm now in procrastination mode... going to have to face the beast, eventually.

I seem to be a magnet for wedding gowns and T shirt quilts, these days. :hunf:

On a happy note, I did get my Friendship Quilt put together and nearly finished. Just have to finish up the binding. That thing has been sitting around here for at least 6 months. Maybe there's hope for my FW30's blocks yet! And for getting back to my Pony Club blocks. :D

Hurricane Nate went through and thankfully veered off to the East once it made landfall below us. We only got one day of lovely light soaking rain, which was desperately needed. Not even any tree damage, praise the Lord.

Hope all's well with all of you!

dublb 10-09-2017 07:57 AM

I am excited. Last week I loosened some soil in one of my lots & sowed some wildflower seeds. I have a circle w/a radius of about 5 feet of seeds planted. I have watered 'em everyday. There are some bluebonnets in the mix & they are up. After 2 weeks I won't water 'em any more. I also pulled up the grass & weeds that was in my west flower bed then planted some Tickseed. If they come up this Fall they will flower in 2019. It usually takes 2 years. I am trying to get a head start. We shouldn't get a freeze till Nov so I should have 2 or more months for 'em to get established.