Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-20-2017 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The final quilt bound and on my bed:[ATTACH=CONFIG]584121[/ATTACH] wild flying geese, negative and positive with a row of sunshine down the center. Now back to more UFOs to finish. Love it, finished quilts...wow.

dublb 11-20-2017 09:43 AM

I am so sorry that ya'll ended up in the ER again QNS. Your quilt is just lovely! It's so good that ya are getting some UFO's finished!

givio 11-20-2017 03:01 PM

QNS, thanks for sharing another picture! You busy girl! Didn't that geese quilt just turn out grand. It seems like just yesterday you were posting pictures of progress with the blocks. How time flies!

It's always difficult to have health problems, either yourself or a loved one. I hope everyone and their family are on the mend soon!

I was to the dentist 3 times last week. A cap came away after years of having it. When I was chewing, I felt the tooth loose in the food in my mouth-- it was a flashback to my youth and what it was like to lose the baby teeth! :-p I needed a root canal and a new cap. Will go back again to the dentist after a couple of weeks.

But still, we all have something to be thankful for! I'm looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving! Only a couple of days to wait! My favorite holiday! We are going to my son and daughter-in-law's house. "What should I bring?" I asked. "Potatoes," she replied. Potatoes! lol I wanted to bake a pumpkin pie. I have a nice little pumpkin from the market.

sewbizgirl 11-20-2017 04:00 PM

QNS, the Wild Geese quilt is great! Two finishes for you, in short order. Hooray! Hope your hubby is doing better today.

Givio, sorry about your crown. And I think you should bring potatoes AND a pumpkin pie. Nothing like pie made with fresh pumpkin.

oksewglad 11-20-2017 07:34 PM

QNS...you are on a delightful, lovely roll with those two quilts! Yes blue is my favorite color. Hope for Mr QNS recovery!

givio, love your analogy to losing a baby tooth! but a root canal, I'm so sorry!

Speaking of potatoes...yes we are taking some to dinner as well..also a cooked vegetable, squash perhaps; an apple salad and a dessert. After all we are bring 14 people to the celebration. Our family is great about sharing the burden!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I worked today and now have beds and bathroom to get ready for DD and family. DSIL's BD is Friday so will have to celebrate that as well!

MrOK and I celebrated 46 years of marriage today...wow I'm still young and thin on the inside!

Blue Bell 11-20-2017 07:56 PM

Happy Anniversary!

oksewglad 11-21-2017 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell (Post 7948151)
Happy Anniversary!

Thanks, E..

sewbizgirl 11-21-2017 08:04 AM

Congrats and Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. OK! Hope you have many happy years together, ahead of you!

oksewglad 11-21-2017 11:07 AM

Thanks, B.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-21-2017 11:57 AM

Ok, Happy Anniversary! May you have many more.

Nothing like making a 150 mile round trip to see dh's Dr., and not getting to see him because dh had the wrong day and time for the appointment. Now we know when and where, we shall make the trip tomorrow again. His sister called this afternoon and we talked for an hour or more...more at one time than we have in 52 years!

Patty came by yesterday and picked up her S&W quilt top and fabric she had left here. So glad that she did. And we got an invitation to her house on Thanksgiving Day, so it will not be the two of us at home this year...people come and go at her house, so it will be great to chat with various people then. Now I have to make couple of pies tomorrow afternoon and get things ready to take over....just green beans and sweet potatoes and (I already have the beef-vegetable soup done.)