Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

dublb 05-15-2018 08:10 AM

SBG - your quilting is just beautiful!
We had a tornado watch last night. Nothing touched down. :) It was a big storm. We had alotta wind & rain but onl a couple of hail stones here & there. I hear that in-town they got hammered w/the hail. The lake is muddy today. I guess I am so glad about the rain though as we were getting a bit dry.

sewbizgirl 05-15-2018 09:53 AM

I'm glad you're safe Bev. My son got caught in a freak hail storm a few years ago while he was driving... baseball size hail! It totalled his car and really traumatized him with some minor injuries. It can be nasty.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-15-2018 03:20 PM

-SBG, I am older than dirt and I cannot get down on my knees anymore. Used the Thero-gesic tube of lotion to help and my dh came into my room this morning, saying, 'Whew! I smell TG in here" He was great today and fixed lunch for us both. I managed to make two 8 1/2 blocks today on the BS....if I can get two done tomorrow, I will have finished another row.

OK, husbands do have them uses when they help out in a pinch. I don't know how I managed full time work, 3 kids and husband for 37 years and feel so helpless now that I am retired. We are not doing any garden to speak of this year; I do not want to can or freeze anything. I look in the freezer and fail to see anything I want; I go to the grocery store and fail to find anything I really want to buy. And that may not be an all bad thing either.

dublb 05-16-2018 05:23 PM

DH & I had to take a trip to Midland today. He had to see the eye DR. His infection is gone. The DR says that he needs a Rx for some very expensive eye drops as he has very dry eyes. They are dry enough that it affects his vision & causes him to be susceptible to infections . The Dr also wants DH to do hot compresses several times a day. He had DH get a mask that has micro beads. I hope it helps. We are gonna call the company that makes the RX & see if there is some kinda help for those of us that have no insurance.
It's back to painting tomarrow.

QuiltingNinaSue 05-16-2018 06:11 PM

Just to let you know I posted this: https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-...k-t296972.html aabout Pat Yamins Come quilt with me latest book price is :19.95 first fifty she sells. Shipping is free and the template is free. I thought it was a good deal, so had to relate it to all.

JuneBillie 05-17-2018 10:46 AM

Hello Ladies,
We have been having lots of mini storms lately. My fur kids do not like the rumbling. Glad everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I had a good one also, and a good birthday yesterday and turned 65. Time sure goes by fast.
I also took advantage of the Mother's Day free Craftsy videos. I took lots of notes to refer back too, and really enjoyed watching them.
I watched: Quick Techniques for Classic Blocks. (Good Tips)
Quilt Big Projects on a Small Machine - (I really wanted to see this one) It was very helpful.
Scrap Quilting. (Good Tips)
Hand Applique.(Good Tips)
Stitch Savy. (It was a fun one to watch)
I really enjoyed watching these, and stayed up late to get through them with other things going on too.
Wanted to say hello, and that all of you are well.
A big ole Hug!

sewbizgirl 05-17-2018 12:41 PM

Hi JuneBillie... Happy Birthday!! 65 is a milestone birthday... <:) Hope it was fabulous.

I watched Angela Walter's machine quilting class and a bit of another one she had. It was all I had time for. I want to buy it when it's on sale again. It really gave me confidence in my fmq. I love those free Craftsy weekends!

Honchey 05-17-2018 05:27 PM

Well JuneBillie, You and I share the same birthday.. Only I turned 78..Time sure does fly by.

Happy Birthday!

dublb 05-17-2018 05:57 PM

Happy B-day June Billie. :)

sewbizgirl 05-17-2018 07:46 PM

It's your birthday too, Anne? Well hope you had a very happy birthday! <:) Toot toot!