Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

oksewglad 02-20-2018 10:39 AM

I have an "ice" day. Got a dose of rain and now below freezing weather...that equals slippery roads especially the still snow covered ones in our hilly terrain. So no work today and have a chance to play in the sewing room.

We never know how family members react in the loss of a loved one. What we take from all this is how not to react.

The other day after work I saw lots of deer...One hayfield north of us is next to a woods that leads down to the river...heard that 60-100 deer have been counted at one time. They enjoy eating out of our silage bags, too.

Since I have some free time, I'm going to go sew!

givio 02-20-2018 06:29 PM

At the last house I lived, in the country, I planted a cherry tree in the yard. It grew so nicely! Beautiful flowers in the Spring, and tasty fruit. Then one day a deer climbed into it to eat the cherries. Well, not actually climbed into it, but climbed all over and around on it and broke the branches to smithereens.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-21-2018 06:13 AM

I wish someone would teach the deer to read...."no deer eating here" or "no deer crossing here" "deer beware of entering this area" LOL! We have deer unlisted crossings on our backroads, so dh slows down so he can suddenly stop since a deer hit me last November and totalled our GMC. We got another recall card about the GMC yesterday. LOL! I guess it still lives in that junkyard somewhere, I'd forward it if I knew where! LOL!

dublb 02-23-2018 06:02 PM

My DM found a house that is nearly move in ready. She made an offer yesterday w/a contingency clause for the sell of her house. I then drove her home in the late afternoon & she put her house on the market this morning.

oksewglad 02-23-2018 07:11 PM

Hope her transition from one home to another goes well. You will never regret the time you have spent with all your family members!

sewbizgirl 02-23-2018 08:40 PM

Wow Bev, your mom was ready! Glad she found a house she liked that well.

JeanieG 02-23-2018 09:39 PM

How great is that Bev! I hope her home sells quickly.

JuneBillie 02-24-2018 06:03 PM

I am glad your mom found a house bev.

dublb 02-24-2018 06:13 PM

Thanks Ya'll. She got her counter offer from the owner & she is thinking over her counter offer.

I do have a prayer request. My cousins house has almost burned down. The teenager & pre-teen were home alone. The teenager was frying bacon & a grease fire got outta control. Everyone & all the pets are out safe.

sewbizgirl 02-24-2018 06:18 PM

So sorry for your cousin and family... but it's a blessing they all got out safe. Things can be replaced.

Lord, please bless this family and restore them after the fire. And thank you for their protection. Amen.