Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 02-14-2017 08:37 PM

That's a good plan... I get depressed if too much junk has no place to go, neatly. I'm not one of those "super-organizer women", but my daughter IS, and she has helped me a lot with my clutter and finding nice solutions. I don't ever expect to get rid of all my stash, I have to have some handy for when creativity strikes. So I have to have a place to put it. I love the shelves I got from IKEA, and the fabric bins that fit into the cubbyholes. I also bought some boxes they had, with dividers perfect for storing my 2.5" or 3" squares. And some magazine holders keep my patterns all rounded up where I can find them when I want them. I wanted to get more of these shelving units but they were out of stock. They were on sale for 50% off when I bought them. Next time I go to Memphis to see the kids I will bring home more like the ones I bought, if they have them again.

oksewglad 02-16-2017 07:12 AM

I spent all day cleaning my bedroom...weather warm enough that I washed windows. Moved the bed, night stands, rocker..everything got cleaned; the inside of the closet, the ceiling fan, curtains washed, one of the quilts washed, the other two fluffed in the dryer. I still need to hang curtains and dust off a bookshelf and dresser..where does all this dust come from?!!!!

In my closet I found a long roll (4-5 yards) of never been used striped toweling..it will be perfect as a valence in my dining room..I plan on stitching the short ends and putting a wide casing on the back for the rod leaving the selvages unstitched. I know I bought this several years ago at my aunt's auction. I really should have one of those roller towel bars to use the fabric for, but don't have space for it in either kitchen or laundry room..MrOK washes his hands at the laundry/mud room sink.
Okay better get started for the day...MrOK and I are taking a road trip...just a short one to pick up our taxes, but may mean no cooking for me:):thumbup:...

sewbizgirl 02-16-2017 07:49 AM

OK, I have the answer to you dust question... but you may not want to know! Most of housedust is comprised of human SKIN. Our bodies are constantly sloughing off dead skin cells. We aren't even aware of it. When you take off your clothes and turn them inside out, the skin particles fly out of it. If you have pets, add pet dander to the mix... YUCK. But that's where dust comes from.

I admire you digging in and deep cleaning like that. Can you come to my house? I love a clean house, but hate to clean. I always think "I have to clean house today", and then gravitate towards the quilting project. I'm terrible about procrastinating.

Hope your day out and road trip goes well... maybe a side stop somewhere fun?

oksewglad 02-16-2017 08:32 AM

Oh I know where it comes from, SBG:D. When my quilt was washing I peeked in as I threw a small towel into the machine and saw how grungy the wash water was in the early wash cycle.
And then you add the additional elements of living on a gravel road and a livestock farm...it gets overwhelming some days...but the sun is shining through 2 clean windows today...have a good one all.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-17-2017 09:50 AM

Sun is shining usually warm for February here, looks and feels wonderful. both of welcome the warm days and feeling a bit 'older' and moving slower. Dh is challenging his mind with a new programming writing project adn I am tying to clean up the paper filing and income tax paper collection.

OK, another colorful little quilt. Love the name Givio gave it. Nice Valentine Day gift, Givio, from your husband...the thoughts were very sweet.

SBG, I prefer not to know where 'dust' comes from...thank you. That is why we do not have carpet.

May you have great success in the quilt room area today and enjoy the spring like weather outside.

oksewglad 02-17-2017 05:26 PM

I should be in the office, too...need to pay some bills tonight so they go out in the mornings mail...no mail on Monday.

Kiddos home from school today...2 youngest girls stopped in this morning...I put them to work Murphy soap washing lower kitchen cabinets while I cleaned out my 2 lazy Susan corner cabinets. One has my flour, etc in so that gets so dusty. Next we took trash out to be burned and the 2 older girls brought up the trash from the barn. Then I jumped over to the laundry room and washed the 2 windows there...have one more curtain to hang...loved having the windows open and fresh air come in. Another beautiful day in store for tomorrow so plan to tackle the kitchen window and living room ceiling fan. Then back to laundry room and clean counter and floors, then hit the bathroom. Found out we will be having company for Sunday dinner, so must make the dining room table presentable...it becomes a drop center...guess I will be ready to go to work on Monday. BTW I did sneak in a nap today...night all

dublb 02-19-2017 08:05 PM

I had company all weekend. We did some cleaning before they got here, but some of it didn't get done as I knew that it was #1DSon & his family. They were just glad to be here. I love having my family here. There ain't nothing better'n DGK's!
When DDIL & I went ot Brownwood on Sat. I stopped in at teh LQS. While there I saw Laurie Arron Hird's Bible Sampler Quilt Book. Well...I just had to have it! It is way down on my lost of things to do but at least I have it & can make it when I am ready. :)

sewbizgirl 02-19-2017 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7768089)
I had company all weekend. We did some cleaning before they got here, but some of it didn't get done as I knew that it was #1DSon & his family. They were just glad to be here. I love having my family here. There ain't nothing better'n DGK's!
When DDIL & I went ot Brownwood on Sat. I stopped in at teh LQS. While there I saw Laurie Arron Hird's Bible Sampler Quilt Book. Well...I just had to have it! It is way down on my lost of things to do but at least I have it & can make it when I am ready. :)

Oh boy... be sure to show us when you start making the blocks. Are they 6" too?

oksewglad 02-19-2017 08:26 PM

Nothing like having young ones around is there? Today I shared my projects with our Sunday guest...she's young with 2 quilting grandmothers and has with 1 quilt UFO! I have 5 flimsies to quilt and showed her 5 WIP's...I think she was a little overwhelmed at my quilting add! Such a fun gal, be for dinner she spent time in the barn with MrOK while he was milking...she will be back next Friday to help us get ready for an all day meeting we are hosting on Saturday. Will be spending next week's at home days getting ready for Saturday...probably about 30 to 35 people here for potluck.

JuneBillie 02-20-2017 01:05 AM

Hello everyone. I know it's been awhile since I said hello.

Givio I was so sad to read what your precious family has been going through. All of you are in my prayers.

Me and my hubby have had a lot going on, but we always feel blessed.
His health insurance was cut off in December. He found out when he went to pick up some meds. He finds out that it was due to him not sending back a update packet. Well he told them he never got his, and he needs his meds for his diabetes meds.(several), and for his congestive heart failure (oxygen 24/7). So he appeals and won, filled his stuff all out online. They said processing could take up to 35 days. It's now been about 45 days. The clinic gave him some meds, but it all has him nervous.

My autoimmune disorders are getting worse, but I seem to worry less due to my faith.
Any sewing lately has been some hand piecing of some bigger blocks. I'll show a picture when I can.

We have had to have a guy out doing some plumbing that had to be done. He had to put a new floor in the little bathroom. Fortunately, my son works at a flooring company. House is a mess right now.

That's a too long summary of what's been going on here.
Oh! Stupid me stepped straight down on a nail, and I had to get a tetanus shot. The guy left a small piece of wood with nails up, and I didn't see it with my croc shoes on.

We have had some beautiful spring like days.
You girls have a great week. :)