Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

givio 02-06-2017 06:59 PM

Thanks, Bev.
Ok, my husband and I are watching 'Victoria' on PBS too. It has the same 'upstairs/downstairs' feel that Downtown Abbey had, don't you think, with the story lines going on with the servants as well as the queen? Masterpiece Theater is my favorite!

oksewglad 02-07-2017 06:09 AM

I was thinking along those lines, too givio...the 2 lifestyles are so diverse, but human nature is the same in both...

QuiltingNinaSue 02-10-2017 10:49 AM

I watch a lot of HBTV and DIY and Food channels. Hate the news anymore as they just give you the news they feel is important to report on, and not always the truth.

Had ot go to my hometown and get my prescription medicine; down to one pill this morning. Its was automatically filled on Monday when we picked up dh's but not cross referenced to mine, so I did not know it was ready. Not a happy trooper. We must remember to have them cross check it when we pick up meds, I guess. Otherwise is an invasion of privacy according to them. Even on Husband and wife. Wow.

Progress on wild geese flying and filing papers...have to call about mortgage interest for last year...they always claim its been sent, but cannot locate any paperwork. Six more blocks to complete a king size quilt top.

Loved your email Honchey. Interesting how the American words and sayings came about although I did know about a few of them. DGM taught me well.

Have a good weekend everyone.

sewbizgirl 02-10-2017 01:51 PM

QNS, is the wild geese quilt the king sized? My, that's a lot of geese! I made a fun one for donation lately.. It's just one quilt block, blown up huge. Three fabrics. So different from what I normally do but we need some men's quilts quick so I'm pitching in.

I went shopping for another computer for hubby today. His just wore out (after 5 or 6 years!). They sure don't make them to last. New one is a refurb that runs the same operating system as his old one, so it won't be anything new for him to learn, THANK GOODNESS!! He's so UNsavvy with computers it's a wonder he can even use one. I have my own laptop that he's not allowed to touch. :D Sooo.... that funky chore is out of the way. Now I'm home and just want to put pieces of fabric together.

Ready for another weekend! :o

QuiltingNinaSue 02-10-2017 05:27 PM

Wild Flying Geese Quilt has 20 blocks in it and the king has 25 blocks....each single block has 16 wild flying geese that each goose is finished at 2 x 4 inches. I have learned to do the geese first, then add the 'sides' and top and bottom.

Dh put together the leftover computers for a fellow teacher lady who was being held responsible for setting up a lab, and she thought he was wonderful to help her. (He had taught Computer Science and keyboarding to junior high kids) She returned the favor in helping him out when both of them ended up in the high school completion program for those kicked out of regular classes. She would quietly tell him to shut up and not talk back to the drunk Administrator (that was why Adm was placed there..) Now he cannot do much, just calls on DD who graciously helps him. After he has run the problem past me; some times I just 'dumb' up and let him call our daughter. He listems to her better... and keeps peace between us.

dublb 02-10-2017 07:19 PM

I am the one who is computer dumb. I even told my DSonIL once that I am computer stupid! My favorite phrase is "Mike (DH) fix it!"

dublb 02-10-2017 07:29 PM

I am so tired of packing! We have to repack up all the stuff in the curio cabinet & the 2 buffets. We also have to pack up all DH's hunting stuff that is in the downstairs bedroom. We did have new carpet installed upstairs a few weeks ago & next we are gonna have plank vinyl installed downstairs. I do not trust the installers to move my breakables, nor to touch my hundred yro curio cabinet. DH doesn't want them to touch his hunting stuff either. Today we packed up the curio cabinet.
We also ordered my building that will be my sewing studio. :) It will be 16' X 30'. :)

JeanieG 02-10-2017 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 7761813)
I am so tired of packing! We have to repack up all the stuff in the curio cabinet & the 2 buffets. We also have to pack up all DH's hunting stuff that is in the downstairs bedroom. We did have new carpet installed upstairs a few weeks ago & next we are gonna have plank vinyl installed downstairs. I do not trust the installers to move my breakables, nor to touch my hundred yro curio cabinet. DH doesn't want them to touch his hunting stuff either. Today we packed up the curio cabinet. We also ordered my building that will be my sewing studio. :) It will be 16' X 30'. :)

WooHoo Bev - a 16 x 30 sewing studio!!! How cool is that!! You will love the plank vinyl! I love the laminate flooring I put in all the bedrooms. We have ceramic tile in all the hallways and kitchen. The only place in my house with carpeting is my living room. It just astounds me how much dust we get on the hard flooring. And to think all that dust use to go into the carpeting, that I could not even see! Yuck!

oksewglad 02-10-2017 09:13 PM

Um, Bev, my house is 28x40....you could fit your studio in about half of my main floor! Lucky you and it will be worth all the moving around..

Lots of geese, QNS!

Every time I sweep my hard floors I wonder why carpet is such a big deal...and then I remember the cold floors in the old farm house....

Stiff and sore today...joints really bothering...oh and it's supposed to rain/icy tomorrow...night all

QuiltingNinaSue 02-11-2017 07:47 AM

Our house is 85 x 32, includes a double 32 x 24 garage one story and no steps and no basement. No room for a LA. No weight bearing walls, so inside layout could be changed at any time we have the $$$$$$$. LOL, won't happen in our lifetime. Much smaller than what we had before. Still going through things and throwing away or giving away stuff.

Dublb, that sounds exciting, more like a Christmas of all Christmases. Please share pictures when you get your studio set up.