Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

dublb 05-31-2019 07:20 PM

Well DH noticed today that the astigmatism was better, however his eye still hurts.

The contractors are making great progress in my bathroom. The Wainscoating & chair rail are up.

givio 06-02-2019 01:04 PM

lol Glad I looked in on the thread today. I've been sick. But it was funny to see the fruit salad picture, so it was worth coming to read what's been going on here. It made me laugh out loud. :-)

The irises look lovely. Isn't it wonderful to see the flowers blooming again? Wow, QNS. You are back at the FWS? A row done? Great!

I thought I'd do some appliqueing these last months when I was sick, but was too sick and too tired for getting it organized. I didn't locate what I needed. I've moved since last I chatted here. I had an antique top right to hand that I want to do some seam ripping on, I knew where my seam ripper was, and I'm doing a bit with that project once a week.

sewbizgirl 06-02-2019 07:22 PM

Givio we have missed you! Praying for good health for you!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-03-2019 03:38 AM

Givio, so nice to hear from you! I have missed you chipping in a word or two. Remember my email address to update the address since you have moved. I still have a box of sheets, etc., for you. I wish you a speedy recovery. In August, I will have surgery and not looking forward to it.

My cousin is here off and on this summer and is wonderful help and fun to be around. I will have to post her 1942 silk crazy block top as soon as I get my camera back in from the car. Its a lovely quilt someone in the family was throwing away. She is going to have it LA with Ann & Ben Wheeler at Queen City.

dublb 06-03-2019 06:07 AM

It is so good to hear form ya Givo. I am so sorry that ya have been sick. I bet it was soh ard ot move when ya were sick.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-03-2019 11:25 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Vintage quilts: the one top made in 1944:[ATTACH=CONFIG]613521[/ATTACH]rescued by my cousin's children from the trash.[ATTACH=CONFIG]613522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613523[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613526[/ATTACH]Cousin Mary is having it quilted and I will help bind it.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-03-2019 11:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
2nd vintage quilt made by Patty Wagner's great grandmother is 101 years old.[ATTACH=CONFIG]613527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613528[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613530[/ATTACH]It is a pleasure to share this with you.

oksewglad 06-03-2019 02:12 PM

Look at all that stitching! Thanks, QNS.

Glad you are feeling better, givio, and hope you keep improving.

A busy day today. Over the weekend got a 60 x 82 quilt top pieced for a 4-H fundraiser. Hope to get it on the LA tonight after the 4-H meeting. Had routine bloodwork this a.m.; brought home beef from the locker, kids helped me unload it. Later learned "it was hard work" from GD#2 when she came to sew on her quilt. After dinner ran the other direction to pick up RX and other supplies. Now GD#2 is sewing again...Warm Wishes pattern in pastels. In a couple hours run to town for the 4-H meeting (will share the top with the group)....and sew it goes!

dublb 06-03-2019 05:50 PM

I have been cutting 2 1/2" strips from my stash. I need a bunch to make an Irish Chain. I'm thinking about making it it Double Irish Chain. It's gonna be my Ender & Leader to my PC.

dublb 06-03-2019 05:51 PM

Oh Sue, those are just lovely!