Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-07-2019 04:57 AM

Good luck, Bev. That sounds really great that you can go for an all new career.

Yes, after the fact of seeing the Freedom Rocks, I have learned how to take the picture. Next lesson is putting it on the computer. Even an old lady can learn new tricks! LOL!.

givio 07-07-2019 11:16 AM

Carrie, what a treat to see your blocks! It reminds me of mine when I see yours. I've missed a lot of the conversation here, so I didn't hear if you plan to set your blocks like they were set in the book? I've set some of my blocks in strips, but in a different way than the book. I'm in the 80s somewhere, so another 15 or so blocks to make. I got sidetracked with 9Patch swaps and made 2 quilt tops with those. Well, I got sidetracked with a bunch of other projects. I'm one of those that starts and has a hard time finishing. I did recently get an offer from a dear friend who said she'd quilt a top for me. That's exciting! I love to sew tops, and the love of quilting pretty much ends there. :-p

QuiltingNinaSue 07-08-2019 06:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The quilting panel:[ATTACH=CONFIG]614672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614673[/ATTACH]and the outside lilies. Enjoy!

oksewglad 07-08-2019 08:00 PM

Yes it's that time of year! Lovely!

sewbizgirl 07-08-2019 08:47 PM

What a pretty panel, Sue! At first I thought it was a painting you had done of your flowers.

SusieQOH 07-09-2019 04:35 AM

dublb, that sounds very interesting. I love tinkering with machines. In all of Columbus Ohio ( over 1 million people) there is one man who repairs machines. And he isn't healthy either. You'd make a killing here. :)

dublb 07-09-2019 05:49 AM

Oh Sue, that's beautiful! Did ya paint the panel? I love it!
SusieQ how about ya joining me in taking this class? Then you can make a killing. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-09-2019 11:09 AM

Dublb, the Amana Quilt Shop has a very talented artist, and she did the panel. She also has other panels and design I would love to buy but cannot right now. Her colors are so bright, I love them all. Downside is you have to climb the stairs to see them, back or front are hard for me to climb up or down...not handicap accessible. If I had my sight back, I would do a pattern or two of hers. I want to find block patterns to go with the panel...thinking of the three lily pattern-block, but still looking.

SusieQOH 07-10-2019 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 8275037)
Oh Sue, that's beautiful! Did ya paint the panel? I love it!
SusieQ how about ya joining me in taking this class? Then you can make a killing. :)

Really!! :)
He told me that when he started there were 9 other repairmen and now he's the only one. I looked it up and he was correct. He has diabetes and my RN took over and started talking to him about his condition lol
He's a nice guy- really quirky. I hope he's around awhile as he's really good with my old Singers. The only machines he doesn't work on are Bernina but I take mine to my dealer.

dublb 07-10-2019 07:07 AM

I won't be able to work on Bernina's either. I was under the impression that I won't be able to work on Vikings or Husqvarna's either. I'll know more when I take the class.

Sue how cool is that for ya to get that panel. I am looking forward to seeing what ya do w/it.