Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 06-25-2019 10:43 AM

Hi everyone! We are back from a 2 month trip up the Oregon Coast, Mid Oregon, then down to Phoenix to visit my son and granddaughter. We had planned to go to Idaho to visit friends and family again, but had to change our plans due to a death in the Idaho friends (where we stay) family.

Carrie, I am loving the quilt blocks you are doing. I think I will have to get involved in another quilt-a-long, as I am so much more productive when I am doing them. I am still plugging away on quilting all my UFO's. Almost all of them need just the quilting. I use my Brother 1500S, it seems to take forever.

sewbizgirl 06-25-2019 10:28 PM

Hey there, Jeanie! That's a lot of traveling. I'm sure it was fun.

Bev, you are always so productive. You inspire me.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-26-2019 05:48 AM

One step forward and two back. I have 'sit' in my QR, but no progress or work done. Dh had appointment today, but was too sick to go to it. So we wait another couple of months when he can try again. Love to hear of quilt progresses and trips, all sound and look great. maybe it will aspire me to move an inch or two forward! (Tomorrow!).

oksewglad 06-26-2019 10:40 AM

I've been flitting in and out...MrOK and I gone for business conference last week, now home and county fair in full swing...work in 4-H alumni stand learly this evening. Meanwhile DSis from WV has been in and out as she is tending some family business. So who knows when I'll get back to regular "viewing"!

oksewglad 06-26-2019 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Nina...Avery's pillowcases...she made 2 of each earning a SuperBlue at 4-H fair. Do you like the fabric?:) Note her boots! [ATTACH=CONFIG]614243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]614242[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile Elise's quilt that is bound for State Fair 4-H in August. A Warm Wishes setting with fabrics pulled from Grandma's stash. She backed it with minkee that she bought just for the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614245[/ATTACH]

dublb 06-26-2019 01:56 PM

What great future sewers & hopefully quilters!

carriem 06-26-2019 04:56 PM

Hello All! Thanks for all the compliments on my blocks. :) No new blocks for me as I was gone to CA for 6 days. My son had two tournaments from Friday-Monday. One was the Youth World Archery Trials. He placed 2nd in the Junior Recurve Male division and will be shooting in Madrid, Spain in August!!! (1st-3rd get to go from each division--2 age groups, male/female, recurve/compound--so 24 archers in all)

Today was grocery shopping and laundry day. Tomorrow I am getting a massage at the massage school near my house...1hr massage for just $30. I might get some sewing done in the afternoon....

QNS---I know at one time the quilt shop where you visited me in Marion had some chicken wire fabric....not sure if they still have it but I would be happy to check for you if you want to send me a picture of what you have to make sure it is the same thing. Seems like there was a red version, black and maybe a tan??

OK--thanks for sharing the girls' projects. They look very proud and projects look great!

sewbizgirl 06-26-2019 05:11 PM

Those grand girls are adorable, OK... and what fine projects they have made. Thank you for the pics!

oksewglad 06-26-2019 11:50 PM

Oh Carrie, what a grand adventure he will have...congratulations on his accomplishment!

dublb 06-27-2019 05:32 AM

Such good news Carrie! :)