Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 06-14-2020 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8393408)
I don't see a started group, but could start one if you'd like? The book just came out so in May so people may not know about it yet. Can I just post it or do I need to get permission from the moderators? I've never started a thread on this group. :) It would help me stay motivated/moving forward. Plus it is so fun to watch other's progress each week!! I won't be making all the blocks, but I can still post each week of which block #s to make. Do you think 2/week is a good way to do it? Maybe 1-8" and 1-6" until the 8" are all made then finish up the 6"?? There are 64-6" and 56'6" blocks to make plus the 18" center block and a few of the borders have some piecing to do for the queen size. There is a lap size pattern too.

I have altered the queen size to make it like a large lap/twin size. I'll end up making 36 blocks of each size. I'll be doing paper pieced blocks as usual...I don't have the patience for templates. :)

How nice of you to offer. Yes, you need to contact PatriceJ for permission. She will want to see a draft of the post before you can post it. And she may tell you which thread group to post it under. It should be the same as this thread, but may not be.

sewbizgirl 06-14-2020 05:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Annnnnnnddddd.... (drumroll please).... here is my finally finished FW30s quilt, all done. I put 80 of the 100 blocks in it, and changed the setting to simplify it and make it have less white background.

The first pic is the whole quilt, and the other two are close ups of parts.

carriem 06-14-2020 06:23 PM

SBG--I posted on the UFO thread too, but this is so pretty!! It makes me want to pull out my blocks again and see how many more I actually need!! DD agreed to a large lap quilt instead of a queen so that will help in finishing mine a littler more quickly. :)

For the new FW Medallion quilt BOTW, do we want to do it like we did the Pony Club one, where I post a new thread every week? Or just keep them all in one thread? I don't know what would be easiest...

JeanieG 06-14-2020 07:19 PM

SBG - I love your FW30's quilt! I've got to get mine out and look at it again, and get it quilted!!!

Carrie - I don't know what would be best - one thread, or one each week. It may depend on how many we get to participate. Maybe send out a thread asking who would be interested. Anyone else have suggestions??

oksewglad 06-15-2020 02:30 PM

A wonderful finish, SBG! And an inspiration to others to get it done! Thanks for posting!

Just got home from work...house is quiet. I fixed breakfast for 9 before leaving for work. Adult children cleaned up and are now up to FarmerSon's place to get ready for graduation reception on Saturday!

dublb 06-15-2020 05:00 PM

SBG! That's adorable!

sewbizgirl 06-15-2020 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 8393707)
Just got home from work...house is quiet. I fixed breakfast for 9 before leaving for work. Adult children cleaned up and are now up to FarmerSon's place to get ready for graduation reception on Saturday!

I love all the family celebrations that are happening in lieu of school graduations. So much more personal. The grad is the special one, and not just one of 300 or so. Hope your family has a great party for your grad.

JeanieG 06-16-2020 10:33 AM

The Farmer's Wife Homestead Medallion Quilt Book is on sale on Amazon for $18.99. I just ordered it! Hopefully we can get a group started. Looking forward to it!

carriem 06-16-2020 10:55 AM

Jeanie, I am working on the "announcement post" to send to Patrice...she said yes we can start one, but since I haven't led a group before she just wants to review my post. :) I went back and found Anne's for ideas on wording. My dentist appt got moved to this morning so that meant while I was in town I had to get groceries so my morning disappeared rather quickly!! I'll try to get that to Patrice by the end of the day and hopefully get the thread started tomorrow. I'll be sure to post the link here!

The story that goes along with these blocks is very interesting!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-16-2020 12:47 PM

How exciting to do another quilt together! I probably have all the fabric I need, but the time??? I will order the book and see from there, I guess. If I don't do it, I will follow the thread. Have two half blocks done for BH Frolic borders. Cleaned up the sewing room. Made another meat dish for DH yesterday and baked about 100 Honey do Cookies (that is what I called them.) Reading on my kindle today and it 'died' before I finished the book. Boo Hoo. Have my cell phone and kindle on recharging now. We planted two new Heirloom roses this morning. Would pictures of the blooming lilies, but I don't know how on the new format. I am so happy the lilies are filling up perennial beds. Asianic (sp) in one bed, and tiger lilies in the other, except one tiger has sprung up in the wrong bed. Onlys there is one. (Doesn't matter the crowd or what unit we do!)