Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 06-16-2020 01:51 PM

Watch out when you order the new FW Homestead Medallion Quilt Book. I got the Kindle Version, thought I was getting the actual book. It is okay, as all the templates and paper piecing pages are on another website. You download them to your computer - one file for paper piecing and one for the templates. So different from the last one I did which were on a CD. Just a head's up for you guys.

sewbizgirl 06-16-2020 02:43 PM

I've got to finish my Pony Club quilt before I start another Laurie Hird quilt. But I will be watching all the progress of everyone else. Carrie, once you get the thread, please post the link here and I'll bookmark it. Thanks.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-16-2020 03:57 PM

Yes, JeanieG, I noted the price and had the chance of getting a used book, like new, for $26.71 shipped to me between June 30-July 8th. I have an old Kinkle, inherited from daughter and grandson when they updated. It is a good experience to try one. And its still working. I still have the remainder of the 1930s blocks to put together and about 1 1 /3 of the way in the Bible Quilt. And finishing up on BH Frolic quilt. If I can get myself into the sewing room, I might make more progress.

carriem 06-16-2020 04:58 PM

Oh Jeanie I am sorry that happened! I saw there were both options and decided to spend a little more for the real book. It is nice to be able to just download the blocks this time. I have sent off my post to Patrice for approval. :)

SBQ and QNS I don't need to start another FW quilt yet either, but need something to jump start my desire to quilt! Between this and the RR I can't wait (haven't been this excited to quilt in a long time!!)...I got the cards I needed to make finished today, cleaned up all my card making stuff and other little messes in my craft room and am all ready to get started sewing again. Today I also got my pattern for my center block printed for the RR. Working on ironing fabrics tonight and going to make time tomorrow morning before running errands to get everything cut. Then I should be able to sew in the afternoon. I have picked out fabrics for the new FW quilt...stopping at the local quilt shop tomorrow to see what she has in-stock and will order anything else I need before the week is over. Oh and while waiting to go into the dentist today I picked out the blocks I am going to make so that part is done and I can start printing PP patterns.

JeanieG 06-16-2020 06:03 PM

I agree Carrie, I am really getting excited to start this quilt also. I have a whole dresser full of less than fat quarter fabrics that I am going to use. Will the first block be the 15" center, then build from there? It is such an amazing quilt!

carriem 06-17-2020 03:20 AM

Here is the official announcement post for the FW Medallion BOTW: https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks...ml#post8394120

Jeanie, I was going back and forth on starting with the 18" center block or not. As of right now I have it written to make the blocks in numerical order. (ie Wk 1 Blocks 1&2). Maybe we can start with Block #93 (center block) so we have something to give us inspiration. :) I'll go back and add that.

JeanieG 06-17-2020 10:45 AM

Carrie, maybe you can ask those that sign up what they would rather do? I don't think it matters, as the blocks are scattered all over the layout. I had trouble finding #1 block - LOL! We are really going to have to label each block on the back with the #, so it can be placed correctly according to the grid! Doing them in order makes real sense with so many blocks to make.

carriem 06-17-2020 02:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If anyone is interested here are the cards I made the last couple weeks. I had someone hire me to make 10-12 (I accidentally did 13). :) I haven't made any cards in a while...it was fun to dig through my collection of stamps, papers and embellishments!!

sewbizgirl 06-17-2020 04:41 PM

Those are sweet cards, Carrie. Handmade cards are special. My daughter loves to make them, too.

JeanieG 06-17-2020 06:29 PM

Carrie - great job on the cards, another great hobby!