Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

JeanieG 09-25-2016 09:48 PM

I have never heard of this before. What a wonderful organization! Everything is free to the recipient! Amazing!

JuneBillie 09-26-2016 12:56 AM

Hi all! Just stopping in to see what you all are up too again. I feel like a slacker today. Achy all over.
Bev I understand you grabbing the doctor by the arm. There were times with my dad I got so aggravated, because my dad was lucky to see the doctor he had known for years once per month when in the nursing home before he died. Actually, mom and dad were his 1st patients. I would not want to see him. I had a big long letter wrote to the doctor to send him, but then after I took the time to read it out loud to myself and hubby, I tore it up. I knew it was more for me to get my pain out for his neglect of dad.

Well, it's Autumn now or Fall whichever a person uses. Cool weather will be nice, but the shorter days take getting use to at first.

Have a great week everyone. Each day will have an opportunity for something wonderful yet simple. :)

oksewglad 09-26-2016 05:42 AM

Went through my QNS box this weekend....hmm have some fall fabric squares that may work with a fall panel I bought...now to incorporate them in a border...work calls..oh heard from Carrie...yes flooding in their area, but she lives at the top of the hill...have a good one.

sewbizgirl 09-26-2016 08:18 AM

Good morning everyone! I'm so glad we are still chatting and sharing our projects and what's going on in our lives here. :)

JuneBillie, sometimes all we need to do is write that letter. People do tend to disappoint us... best not to keep your feelings bottled up inside. It helps just to tell someone how you feel, or write a letter.

I have a craft fair this coming Saturday. It's the best one of the year and really the only one worth doing. People actually come to buy... not just look. I have a few quilts plus I've made a ton of those microwave bowls, embroidered some dish cloths, and made some cute vintage-looking aprons new for this year. Lots of stuff that would make good Christmas gifts, so I'm hoping for good results! This week I'll be topping off my inventory-- probably sewing more of the microwave bowls.

Anyone making progress on their FW30's quilts? I want to start putting mine together but I can't until after the craft show. I have so many big tops to quilt, too... including the Carolina Crossroads shirt quilt top I just finished.

Enjoy your day!
SBG

JeanieG 09-26-2016 09:48 AM

I have about 3 more rows to sew together and I'll have my 30's quilt "webbed" together. Getting there.

It is just too hot to sew a lot of fabric here right now. We have what is called "Santa Ana or East" winds that come through here each year. It was 104* here yesterday, and suppose to be 102* today. It usually only lasts for a few days now, but when I was a youngster, it used to be a week! September/October is when we get our hottest weather. The problem is that we, and most people this close to the coast don't have AC! I close up the house and turn on the fans, which helps a lot. Even though it was in the 100's yesterday, the house stayed in the low 80's.

oksewglad 09-26-2016 03:48 PM

It pays to have a well insulated house, Jeanie..we have AC to help keep humidity levels down...After working in the barn with cows whose body temps are 102...the barn is a sauna in the summer...MrOK needs the relief after a 3 hour session...glad you can keep the house livable during that short time.

Anxious to see your quilt, too. Tomorrow have a dentist appointment, and have the day off...not sure what I will do with my free time...maybe bookwork...the never-ending story of my life!

Been playing with some fall fabrics I found in my mail box...

QuiltingNinaSue 09-26-2016 05:04 PM

OK, I can send you more fall colors... I tried to make a Savannah Quilt and use more of them, but did not make an impression on using much at all....Lights, Mediums, and Dark.

Tomorrow, I turn another year older; I don't always feel older or better. See what happens tomorrow. Putting borders on the Savannah Fall Quilt...sides are on, now for the top and bottom. Everyone have a good day.

Honchey 09-26-2016 09:24 PM

SBG, I hope you sell a ton of stuff and make lots of $$$$

Jeanie, good for you to have almost finished the 30's quilt.. All I do is thinks about mine:D

OK, I can't imagine spending 3 hours with cows that are 102* normal temp..I cleaned out my car today and the humidity was around 80% and I had to take a shower right after that..I previously just tried cooling off in the house with the ac & fans..that just wasn't doing it..

You have a great Happy Birthday QNS.. I hope you have a wonderful day !!!

sewbizgirl 09-26-2016 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
QNS, Happy Birthday! Celebrate yourself today and enjoy your very own day!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559068[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 09-27-2016 05:45 AM

Thanks all for the god wishes. Help me celebrate by haing a good day where you are and do something fun!