Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-continued-t280960.html)

sewbizgirl 09-23-2016 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7659933)
Jan, I checked out the blocks you're doing...Very intricate but pretty..

Ok, this quilt is so easy to do.. In the magazine the focus is on the four 2.5"x 4.5" pieces..I decided to use my scrap 2.5" squares..when sewn together it becomes the same as the original block..it's sashed with a 2.5 x 8.5 " strip on both sides.That's the block..The first border is alternating strips of blue & white then the solid blue border..It came together so quickly because I had a bunch of foursies put together already and just had to sew them together.. I'm starting another one ... pale yellow sashing I think with an intense chocolate brown..maybe a fusions brown.. I have to see the squares against the background before I decide..
The squares I'm using came from all over the country in a swap...I swear they're multiplying in the baggies :D

Got a picture?

Honchey 09-23-2016 07:45 PM

I posted it ..it's on the previous page..

sewbizgirl 09-23-2016 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7660023)
I posted it ..it's on the previous page..

Oh I did see that! Sorry... I thought you were talking about another one you were working on now. I did a Christmas quilt like that a couple of years ago. The pattern was called "Crazy 8's". It was fun, although the setting wasn't as interesting as yours.

Honchey 09-24-2016 03:06 AM

Sewbiz, I made a table runner called crazy 8's and I think you posted it here on the board..?

Honchey 09-24-2016 07:50 AM

OKsewglad, weather conditions out your way are not so good with all the flooding..Hope you're ok.

Sewbiz..I checked out the Goodwills in this area and the closest one for Bulk by the pound is almost 2 hours away..
$4+tax is too much to spend for cut up shirts in their regular stores...I've been checking out the $1 racks in the thrift stores here and so far no luck...I'll wait and request in the NJ Freecycle when I get home.I might get lucky with them..

DH & I are going to our Potluck Dinner at the clubhouse this evening...Tomorrow I'll be helping a neighbor at her craft table for the 1st annual Carolina Shores Picnic & craft affair..She'll be showing me how to make knitted "knockers" for Breast Cancer Survivors..They are the cutest little things and they are more natural feeling than the synthetic ones they make....Then.Monday morning the stitcher's ..I'll be whipping them into shape..they tend to get lazy when I'm not around....Tuesday I'm going to a card party in the afternoon for charity then in the evening I'm going to Bingo at the Elks Club for charity.. Whewww, I'm going to be very busy for the next several days.. I'm bringing a King of the West honeydew melon for dessert tonight..Last summer was the first time I tasted one and they are sugar sweet..so good.
Jeanie, Publix contracts this company for their melons and only they sell them..try one if they are still available where you are..
Time to cut up the melon for tonight..
Have a good day all..H.

sewbizgirl 09-24-2016 08:43 AM

I am tired just from reading of all your upcoming activities, Honchey! Who's the Energizer Bunny now? :D

Never heard of that melon, but I do love honeydews. No Publix in this area... :(

I agree, $4 is too much to pay for shirts to cut up. Check out the church rummage sales when you see them. They are usually a goldmine and they don't normally want much for shirts... especially later in the day! If you want them badly enough I could send you a box of them from my Goodwill Outlet, but then you'd have postage added to the cost.

JeanieG 09-24-2016 09:43 AM

Honchey, I had to look up what Publix is!! LOL We do not have Publix Supermarkets in our area. We really like tuscan melons, which we can find at Costco and Trader Joe's. Love Trader Joe's shop there all the time, great prices on their name brand items, and less than a mile from our house.

oksewglad 09-24-2016 01:21 PM

We all go in energy spurts, don't we? I finally got the small denim quilt off the floor, quilted, and binding on. Threw it in the washer last night...now that it's dry I plan on appliqueing a Fox in the corner per 6yo GS choice...maybe tonight's project...I worked today, I was rolling down the sun shades ready to close and a couple walks in...15 minutes later they left after a no sale...wouldn't have minded staying open if there was a sale involved...just venting....

Hope Bev is not bothered by her allergies too badly.

No Publix here either...MrOK doesn't do well with melons so I don't buy them..

Thanks for your concern Honchey....we dodged the big downpour this past week, but are have family and friends in the path. FarmerSon was just in to check radar...looks like a wide, long system to the west overnight...let's hope it dissipates as it moves east. TV crawl is all about flood crests at various cities across the region.

Oh Jan...all those little pieces...

givio 09-24-2016 03:31 PM

Jan, Waiting for a picture from you. :-)

JuneBillie 09-24-2016 07:48 PM

QNS I have been working on 1.5 inch tiny squares to sew into blocks to eventually make a quilt. I started some last year. Sometimes I need a change in what I am working on so I always have something. I have been doing a bit of hand embroidery of a little puppy to make into a cushion for my sister who is recovering from her broken feet, and she loves her little fur baby whose name is baby. lol..

Dublb I hope your sweet mom gets the help she needs and gets better soon.

I enjoyed seeing the pretty quilts and samples above.

Today was special. We went to my son and daughter in laws anniversary ceremony to repeat their vows. Well, they had new vows that had us all teary eyed, and it was outside and so pretty. After the ceremony had smoked pork roast, slaw, red potato and other vegetables mixed and seasoned sooo good. Sweet tea, lemonade, chocolate wedding cake, and wedding cup cakes. Yummy! Lots of pictures, and when I get some I will try to put one here. It was sunny and about 95 degrees with the ceremony outside, but under a covering.

Hope all of you are doing well, and busy with all good things you enjoy doing.

All smiles from me!